Non-motoring > Douglas Adams - where are you now ? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: borasport Replies: 11

Douglas Adams - where are you now ? - borasport
working away from home, stressful day, nipped into a supermarket prior to checking in to hotel in anticipation of some fluid relaxation later..

i.e., I bought some Coconut Cream Shower and Bath Gel

and in large capital letters on the back

'DO NOT EAT, THIS IS NOT A FOOD PRODUCT'

Toothpick, anyone ?

Douglas Adams - where are you now ? - ....
Hahahahahaha

When you wrote "in anticipation of some fluid relaxation later" I thought you'd bought some beers...
 Douglas Adams - where are you now ? - borasport
You might not be wrong.......

:-)
 Douglas Adams - where are you now ? - rtj70
And I bet it said they cannot guarantee it does not contain nuts - most things do these days just in case.
 Douglas Adams - where are you now ? - Focusless
Some of those shampoos though, they smell too good to waste on your hair...
 Douglas Adams - where are you now ? - MD
I ALWAYS clean that bit.
 Douglas Adams - where are you now ? - Bagpuss
Back in the days when you still got packets of peanuts on domestic flights in the US, I was always amused by the instructions "1. Open Packet 2. Eat Nuts", along with the admission "Made in a facility that processes nuts". I know the manufacturers have to do this for product liability reasons, but still amused me.
 Douglas Adams - where are you now ? - Alastairw
Forty-two. ;)
 Douglas Adams - where are you now ? - legacylad
I had some complimentary nuts on a US internal flight yesterday. And some pretzels. And several Coronas. No margueritas though.
Are they no longer served on most airlines because of the dangers of a nut allergy?
Last edited by: legacylad on Thu 1 Mar 12 at 22:31
 Douglas Adams - where are you now ? - Dave_
>> Are they no longer served on most airlines because of the dangers of a nut allergy?

Daughter got into trouble on her first day at secondary school last September for taking in peanut butter sandwiches for lunch. They're not even allowed to be brought into the building.

I took peanut butter sandwiches to school for my lunch every day from the ages of 5-16, not once did anybody in the canteen suddenly grip their throat and fall to the floor gurgling.
Last edited by: Dave_TDCi on Fri 2 Mar 12 at 21:28
 Douglas Adams - where are you now ? - bathtub tom
>> I ALWAYS clean that bit.

You're not the only one:

At the National Art Gallery in Dublin, a husband and wife were staring at a portrait that had them completely confused.

The painting depicted three black men totally naked sitting on a park bench. Two of the figures had black willies, but the one in the middle had a pink willie.

The curator of the gallery realized that they were having trouble interpreting the painting and offered his assessment.

He went on for over half an hour explaining how it depicted the sexual emasculation of black men in a predominately white, patriarchal society. 'In fact,' he pointed out, 'some serious critics believe that the pink willie also reflects the cultural and sociological oppression experienced by gay men in contemporary society.'

After the curator left, an Irishman, approached the couple and said, 'Would you like to know what the painting is really about?'

'Now why would you claim to be more of an expert than the curator of the gallery?' asked the couple.

'Because I'm the guy who painted it,' he replied.

'In fact, there are no black men depicted at all! They're just three Irish coal miners. The guy in the middle went home for lunch.'
 Douglas Adams - where are you now ? - MD
>> 'In fact, there are no black men depicted at all! They're just three Irish coal miners. The guy in the middle went home for lunch.'

That would be a Grubscrew.
Latest Forum Posts