Non-motoring > Life expectancy ~ which do you believe ........... Miscellaneous
Thread Author: L'escargot Replies: 8

Life expectancy ~ which do you believe ........... - L'escargot
This tinyurl.com/7ygn5ft, or this tinyurl.com/kvvu?
 Life expectancy ~ which do you believe ........... - Meldrew
I'd go for the first one, not least because it seems to follow what is happening in the real world ie people in normal health are living longer.

I tried the second one and it works solely on BMI and smoking, it gave me 18 months BTW! There's a lot more than that to consider, including genetics, commonly and crudely assessed by asking how old your parents were when they died.

Even that isn't foolproof. My partner's parents died before they were 40, of natural causes. She is 79 and has a sister of 80.
Last edited by: Meldrew on Fri 10 Feb 12 at 14:51
 Life expectancy ~ which do you believe ........... - John H
neither. (note the death clock site says "Last update: 03-Jul-08")

Depending on which country you live in:
www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/lifexpec.htm
www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/pensions/9067304/Were-going-to-live-three-years-longer.html

Add in your locality, eg. Kensington & Chelsea vs Glasgow, and you will get a different "average" figure. Refine it further based on your lifestyle and family health history.

Whichever way you look at it, if you rely on living a life using pension estimates based on FSA fund growth guidelines and future life expectancy, you are heading for big trouble.

Last edited by: John H on Fri 10 Feb 12 at 14:54
 Life expectancy ~ which do you believe ........... - Meldrew
Like poverty JohnH?
 Life expectancy ~ which do you believe ........... - John H
www.car4play.com/forum/post/index.htm?t=9568&m=213681&v=e

from the BBC link there:

"You refuse to acknowledge you have lost money and therefore you are poor,"

"I think you have paid your workers far too much money for much less work," he says.

"So you cannot expect to live at this level of wealth when you are not producing anything that is marketable."

Life expectancy ~ which do you believe ........... - Dutchie
Good and honest report John.The cuts for this year haven't started properly yet a lot more hardship to come.
 Life expectancy ~ which do you believe ........... - Westpig
The Death Clock is random....if you check a couple of times with the same data listed it comes up with vastly different answers
 Life expectancy ~ which do you believe ........... - Crankcase
If Aubrey de Grey was right, back in 2004, saving for a pension is going to be very difficult for some already alive today, as they will live to be 1000.

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4003063.stm

Interestingly he's not the only one to say this, but that doesn't increase its validity of course.

Life expectancy ~ which do you believe ........... - madf
I am already 102 so don't care.
Latest Forum Posts