Non-motoring > Need a new Nokia phone battery - where to buy ? Buying / Selling
Thread Author: Dulwich Estate Replies: 13

Need a new Nokia phone battery - where to buy ? - Dulwich Estate
We need a new phone battery and don't know where to buy it to make sure it's a good one. Internet prices vary from £2.20 to around £10 and there is a choice of replacement type or genuine Nokia. I do have serious doubts about how genuine some of them can be at £2.95 with numerously wrongly spelled words in the advert.

It looks like I could pay £10 as easily as £3 and still get rubbish. I bought a so-called genuine battery for a phone a few months back and it holds its charge no better than the one I was replacing !

This time it's a BL-5C. Does anyone have recommendations about where to go and get a proper one for a decent price?
 Need a new Nokia phone battery - where to buy ? - FocalPoint
The last time this happened to me I got a new phone - it was cheaper than a decent new battery.
 Need a new Nokia phone battery - where to buy ? - Meldrew
I got a makers own battery for a motorola for £8 on Amazon.

Yours is there:-

Nokia BL-5C
by Nokia
3.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (33 customer reviews) Like (5)
Price: £3.95

Note Nokia original battery
Last edited by: Meldrew on Thu 9 Feb 12 at 19:15
Trouble is Meldrew, if you read the 33 reviews at least half complain it was not genuine or was second hand (showing scratch marks on the terminals). Some do say, even though it's a non genuine article, it seems to work OK.

Thanks, but I still don't know.
Sorry - I posted without reading the reviews!
 Need a new Nokia phone battery - where to buy ? - Clk Sec
I bought a replacement battery for my Panasonic last September from Daniel Beier, trading on Amazon as Mexxtronics.

No problem with it so far and it holds its charge just as well as the original Panasonic battery.

It cost me £9.95 including postage.
That's my experience of the price for a good battery - my Motorola one was £8
 Need a new Nokia phone battery - where to buy ? - CGNorwich
The problem with phone batteries is that they start to deteriorate a soon as they are made regardless of use.A genuine replacement battery for an old phone might be 5 years old and coming towards the end of its lifespan and be no better than the one it replaces.
As a matter of interest, the replacement battery for my Panasonic (mentioned above) was rated 4.7 out of 5 on Amazon.
 Need a new Nokia phone battery - where to buy ? - spamcan61
BL5C is a very widely used Nokia battery so you may indeed find a 10 quid phone in the supermarket that uses it. Get a 'free' backup phone that way as well ;-)
 Need a new Nokia phone battery - where to buy ? - The Nut
Good idea spamcan, might do that for my daughters phone, here is nokia's compatability list for the BL5C tinyurl.com/6rk7gkc (nokia.com) hope this helps the OP.
 Need a new Nokia phone battery - where to buy ? - Old Navy
I have used this outfit for both phone and satnav batteries. Their satnav battery has lasted far longer than the original one.

www.batterymill.com/
Last edited by: Old Navy on Thu 9 Feb 12 at 21:12
Batterymill are reassuringly expensive at £11.00 inc. postage.

One has been ordered.
>> I have used this outfit for both phone and satnav batteries. Their satnav battery has
>> lasted far longer than the original one.
>>
>> www.batterymill.com/

A ten year guarantee from Battery mill - that's very impressive. Mrs CS has just ordered one for her mobile.

Thanks, ON.
Latest Forum Posts