Non-motoring > Anglian Water are a secretive bunch Miscellaneous
Thread Author: L'escargot Replies: 0

Anglian Water are a secretive bunch - L'escargot
We're nearly at the end of the Anglian Water "first time sewerage scheme" saga.

I got the Buiilding Notice Completion Certificate from our local council as an email attachment and then started looking for which person/department at Anglian Water I should forward it to. Near the start of the saga they sent us a glossy 12 page booklet which had 4 pages of "your questions answered" but it failed miserably by not saying which postal address or email address to send the certificate. After numerous phone calls to their Customer Relations department, and then their Customer Services department, I finally got to talk to someone who could give me the email address.

I'm now awaiting email acknowledgement of receipt of the certificate and confirmation that we'll now get the special offer 12 months sewerage free of charge for prompt connection.

The final hurdle is trying to get them to give us the £10/metre of garden width compensation for the fact that the sewer goes under our back garden. It was promised 8 months ago (!) by a company who claim to be "trusted advisors to real estate clients", acting as an agent for Anglian Water. I'm sure the local meter reader could have arranged it better!
Latest Forum Posts