Non-motoring > This one should have gone to prison Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Westpig Replies: 9

This one should have gone to prison - Westpig
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-shropshire-16755863

What's happening to our country? I've mostly stopped watching them now, but if you watch the Cops type prgrammes, virtually no one on them goes to klink nowadays.. so anti-social behaviour and criminality gradually gets worse.

I know prisons are full...but if it's essential, build a few more, bung them on ships at sea.

How close was the chap in this clip to death? Recently i've seen that you can have kilos of cannabis and avoid jail?
 This one should have gone to prison - Meldrew
I think what you have seen about no jail for possession relates to "Mules" - people carrying across boundaries as opposed to owning the stuff. The jails are full and they can't be built in less than 4 years, or something like that time-scale.
 This one should have gone to prison - Fullchat
Am I the only one who thinks that to describe some of these low lifes as 'men' is wrong. They may be males but they are not men. To be a man requires a certain level of behaviour, standing and respect.
 This one should have gone to prison - Iffy
I could buy it if the train wasn't moving, but it was.

Among many things we are told about prison is that it's for violent offenders.

This was an offence of violence.

Poor effort by the judge.

This one should have gone to prison - Zero
Dont blame the judge he didnt bring the charge of

"endangering the safety of persons on the railway"

Is that the best CPS could do? or was it Police Plod? useless bunch they are.,
 This one should have gone to prison - Bromptonaut
My guess is BTP - the appeal for evidence linked from BBC site is theirs.

Difficult to second guess the sentence without more detail of the offence and particulalry events leading up to it.
 This one should have gone to prison - Westpig
>> Dont blame the judge he didnt bring the charge of
>>
>> "endangering the safety of persons on the railway"
>>
>> Is that the best CPS could do? or was it Police Plod? useless bunch they
>> are.,
>>
Section 32 Offences Against the Person Act 1861 - requires an intent to endanger the safety of any person travelling on the railway. Punishable with life imprisonment;

Nothing wrong with that charge...max penalty = Life.

Oh, and you forgot the smiley at the end.
 This one should have gone to prison - Zero

>> Oh, and you forgot the smiley at the end.

About Police plod being a useless bunch? No I didn't forget the smiley. BTP are a useless bunch.
 This one should have gone to prison - -
Agree wholeheartedly with FC's post, some of these scumbags will never be men so long as they have a certain orifice, no doubt they'll find a female of sorts (who will never be a woman to cherish either), and breed the next generation of chavs, God help us.

As for the state of the country, i'm afraid its gone too far for the present system to cope with.
 This one should have gone to prison - Ian (Cape Town)
Apparently the 'cure' or 'treatment' for folk like this is to show them the error of their ways, and provide further education.

Back in the dark old days, they used to give people 'flying lessons'.
This involved pitching a particularly nasty type of criminal - one where he was caught red handed at a crime scene - out of a helicopter at 10 000ft, and if he learned to fly before he hit the sea, then good luck to him.

Also, having witnessed a judicial caning - scrote strapped naked on A-Frame and a very large motor transport sergeant laying on with a will - I'd relish the return of corporal punishment for 'young offenders'.

Daily mail reader? Nope - absolute realist.

Latest Forum Posts