Non-motoring > Summary of Life and the Universe (as we know it!) Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Dog Replies: 11

Summary of Life and the Universe (as we know it!) - Dog
dingo.care2.com/cards/flash/5409/galaxy.swf
 Summary of Life and the Universe (as we know it!) - Dutchie
Afternoon Dog a bit heavy the summary of live is there any.>:)
Good afternoon Dutchie, how is your brother coming along?
Better news Dog.He rang me yesterday and they will start with chemo and radiation treatment next week.There is a tiny gap between the tumor and his airpipe.

A long way to go the cancer hasn't spread to his lymph nodes and his major organs are ok.Would you believe it two brothers with the same illness

There is always hope I don't want to go to my brothers funeral yet.
Funny thing Cancer (not!) there seems to be a lot of it about these days, my Sister has Myeloma which is knocking her Kidneys out, she's had 6 months of chemo and isn't doing too badly at the moment, (she's 64)

It's good to hear that your brothers Cancer hasn't spread Dutchie, years ago I used to see The Big C as a death sentence but these days that isn't so (depending on the type of Cancer and how soon it is diagnosed) - it amazes me when I hear of people surviving Cancer and going on to lead 'ordinary' lives, and indeed why shouldn't they.
 Summary of Life and the Universe (as we know it!) - Fursty Ferret
I heard a wonderful analogy the other day:

If the timeline for the universe was as long as your outstretched arms, you could remove the human race with one stroke of a nail file.
 Summary of Life and the Universe (as we know it!) - Cliff Pope
>>
>> remove the human race with one stroke of a nail file.
>>

But it would grow again at a frightening rate. :)
 Summary of Life and the Universe (as we know it!) - FocalPoint
I have been close to cancer for a long period of my life - meaning that people I have been in direct and indirect contact with have suffered from it.

The first time it reared its head was when I was the form tutor to a thirteen-year-old boy whose mother died from breast cancer. The memory of her funeral is indelible. After that the rest of the class wanted to raise money for cancer research. Over two years they raised many hundreds of pounds. I can't remember which organisation received the money, but they sent a representative down to give a talk. The one fact that I remember we were told was that over 50% of diagnosed cancers were "cured", in the sense that the patients did not die from them - and that was back in the 1970s.

It was not long after that my mother, in late middle age, had breast cancer. She died many years later at the age of 96 from causes completely unrelated to cancer.

I work as a complementary therapist in a hospice and most of the cancer patients I treat have an excellent prognosis.

The key factor is early diagnosis. Any unusual symptoms should be investigated; I'm not advocating hypochondria, but in fact, if you have anything, healthwise, that concerns you, you should get it checked. The worst that can result is that your GP labels you as one of the "worried well". There are far worse things than that.
Early diagnosis is the key focal.The trouble with esophegus cancer is the symptoms IE swallowing chest pains are noticed in the later stages.

Brother rang today his treatment will start on friday.It was explained to him that radiaton is like hitting a object with a heavy hammer.The tumor will shatter or that is the plan.According to the doctor he won't be able to eat and will need to be fed liquid through the nose.

The doctor was honest 15 to 20% change to survive it is a guess.At least he has a change.
 Summary of Life and the Universe (as we know it!) - FocalPoint
I do know esophageal cancer is a difficult one, Dutchie. As you say, the symptoms generally aren't obvious until the disease has progressed.

Let's hope good luck is on your brother's side.
>>Let's hope good luck is on your brother's side<<

+1
 Summary of Life and the Universe (as we know it!) - Clk Sec
>>Let's hope good luck is on your brother's side<<

+1
Latest Forum Posts