Non-motoring > Bye Bye Kodak Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Robin O'Reliant Replies: 8

Bye Bye Kodak - Robin O'Reliant
Looks like the £10 I paid when I bought my printer that gauranteed an automatic replacement should it pack up within three years was money down the drain :-(

Hope someone keeps making the ink cartridges.
 Bye Bye Kodak - Lygonos
I think they've filed for bankruptcy protection - means none of the creditors can wind them up while they reorganise the business (didn't Chrysler have to do this during the depths of the crunch?).

Plenty of assets to be scooped up if they do go to the wall.
 Bye Bye Kodak - Zero
>> I think they've filed for bankruptcy protection - means none of the creditors can wind
>> them up while they reorganise the business (didn't Chrysler have to do this during the
>> depths of the crunch?).
>>
>> Plenty of assets to be scooped up if they do go to the wall.

Yeah, but the home printer business aint one of them. Too little too late into that very crowded and competitive market.

I dont know any who does not have fond memories of using a kodak film product.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZpaNJqF4po
 Bye Bye Kodak - smokie
Many companies go through Chapter 11 and live to fight another day.

The interesting fact I saw was that it was a £200bn company at one time - now worth $100m. That's some loss!
 Bye Bye Kodak - R.P.
Just as I was contemplating dipping my foot in the water (or fixer) and experimenting with some DIY wet film developing....

See next thread !
 Bye Bye Kodak - mikeyb
They didnt recognize the risk that digital photography would adversely affect film sales.

Lots of companies have been through chapter 11. From the little I know of it, it appears to be a more pragmatic process than administration that we use in the UK.

Bye Bye Kodak - CGNorwich
Most airlines in the US are forever in or out of Chapter 11
 Bye Bye Kodak - Zero
>> Most airlines in the US are forever in or out of Chapter 11

Pan Am and Eastern never made it out again.
 Bye Bye Kodak - zippy
Apparently their printer division is quite strong and profitable as is the digital camera division.

I suspect it is old parts of the business which hold the pension schemes etc which is causing problems.

Once these are closed down, the remainder may flourish!
Latest Forum Posts