Non-motoring > Police non emergency number 101 & other info Miscellaneous
Thread Author: henry k Replies: 4

Police non emergency number 101 & other info - henry k
From the Surrey Police.

"Police non-emergency number 101 proves a success in Surrey – and is now available across England and Wales, (... since its official launch on 1st September 2011. )

More than 50 percent of the non-emergency calls coming into the Surrey Police contact centre are made by members of the public using 101 rather than the previous 0845 number.
The memorable 101 number has now been rolled out to all police forces across England and Wales and is expected to continue to aid the police in dealing with calls for help from the public.

101 costs 15p per call from both mobile phones and landlines, no matter how long the call lasts or what time of day it’s made. Calls to 101 from telephone boxes are free.

As an alternative to 101 – a geographical number – 01483 571212 – is also available for those unable to use the 101 service (for example, if calling from abroad)."
 Police non emergency number 101 & other info - devonite
>>Calls to 101 from telephone boxes are free.

Are there any left??? - We used to have 8 in this town, but the last one was removed in 2009!!
 Police non emergency number 101 & other info - R.P.
They've been in Wales for a while, I actually used to phone the Police when out on my bike a couple of years ago - very useful and a sensible logical and cost effective way to manage calls.
 Police non emergency number 101 & other info - movilogo
The NHS non emergency number 111 was also a success in places where it was trialled.

I used it few times as it is available in my town.

Police non emergency number 101 & other info - R.P.
101 was delayed, I read somewhere, on the grounds of proposed amalgamation of Forces and later on cost.
Latest Forum Posts