Non-motoring > MEN - Where they do get their journalists from? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: RattleandSmoke Replies: 15

MEN - Where they do get their journalists from? - RattleandSmoke
www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/s/1217287_charlatans_hit_tv_screens_with_chocolate_ad

I cannot believe the huge mistake they have made in this article. The West Midlands is not in Manchester and thankfully never will be!

I cannot believe that such a big local paper can make such a silly mistake of not knowing where a band comes from.
 MEN - Where they do get their journalists from? - Mike Hannon
That's journalism these days, my friend. That's why I'm glad I'm well out of it.
Did you hear the bit on TV (I think it was) last week, with the stupid young journo (gender omitted) demanding of a scientist 'so when can people expect flights to get back to normal?' He said 'It's a volcano...'
It even got a mention on the News Quiz.
 MEN - Where they do get their journalists from? - BiggerBadderDave
Well it's not really a huge mistake in that peoples' lives are at risk - more of an error

Remember that band who did the lame Strawberry Fields cover in the early 90s? Can't remember who, but I remember seeing them in an interview describing themselves as coming from South Manchester.

Guess how far South?

Stoke.
 MEN - Where they do get their journalists from? - Bellboy
my local newspaper for the locals by locals is written printed and sent from absolutely miles away
i wont buy it anymore i absolutely refuse there are so many mistakes from "spulling"to areas not in my area.
however the wife buys it at any cost every week to see whos died in the obituaries that she might have known
its goulish i think
ooh look bellboy david hensons dead and he was only 64......................
 MEN - Where they do get their journalists from? - Dave_
>> that band who did the lame Strawberry Fields cover in the early 90s

Candy Flip, IIRC.
 MEN - Where they do get their journalists from? - Herr Sandwichmann
Eh? A respondent to the article claimed that the majority of the group are from the Midlands, rather than the journo.

MEN - Where they do get their journalists from? - Aaron C. Rescue
It does say "Madchester" and not "Manchester", Rattle.
 MEN - Where they do get their journalists from? - Tooslow
They don't have journalists any more, they just print press releases. That's how so much carp gets printed. No brain is involved in any part of the process.

JH
 MEN - Where they do get their journalists from? - Stuartli
Is that why they are called the Charlatans?
 MEN - Where they do get their journalists from? - borasport
It's not just the papers - BBC 'news' this morning, some bloke is interviewing Terry Leahy of Tesco, who explains how some goods like flowers are being flown into Spain and then trucked to the UK. He finished speaking and the presenter says something along the lines of 'So - flowers and the like - how are you dealing with them ?'

MEN - Where they do get their journalists from? - R.P.
Good howler on the BBC World Service news the other day
it located the erupting volcano in Ireland !
 MEN - Where they do get their journalists from? - Tooslow
P, how do you know it's a howler? It could be getting closer. Next thing it'll be in East Angular, where-ever that is :-)

JH
 MEN - Where they do get their journalists from? - Mike Hannon
All the type, except that directly input by journalists, for the last newspaper group I worked for is now set in India. My former colleagues tell me I wouldn't believe some of the carp that has to be sorted out when it arrives in the UK.
 MEN - Where they do get their journalists from? - BiggerBadderDave
I lost work to a design agency based in India a few years ago. A few months later it was all back on my desk because every single job was coming back in a complete state.
 MEN - Where they do get their journalists from? - Bellboy
which state in india was it?
 MEN - Where they do get their journalists from? - Iffy
...which state in india was it?...

The Fourth Estate.
Latest Forum Posts