Non-motoring > Recommend me a slide/photo scanner Miscellaneous
Thread Author: hawkeye Replies: 2

Recommend me a slide/photo scanner - hawkeye
Mrs H has charged me with finding her one of the above. I've seen Rob's recommendation from last Feb, but have things moved on? ION scanners seem plentiful but are they any good?

I await outpourings of your expertise with bated breath, but am less keen to hear sad fantasies about multinational scrubbers.

Eye thenk yew.
 Recommend me a slide/photo scanner - spamcan61
Not much choice in terms of new film scanners these days, I'm happy with my 11 year old Acer Scanwit, probably tricky to find new these days...

I'd probably get an Epson V330 if I was buying one now, the performance gap between flatbeds and proper film scanners seems to have narrowed over the years.

I've always found Vuescan gives much better results than the supplied scanner software:-

www.hamrick.com/

I think Nikon are the only game in town for proper film scanners these days, apart from the various cheapies.

Recommend me a slide/photo scanner - T junction
I am also looking for one of these following the destruction of my computer gear in an unfortunate incident, I am leaning towards a Canon CanoScan 5600F. I use a Mac and Epson software for Macs can be a bit flakey at times.

Agree about Vuescan had to buy that when the Epson software for my previous scanner (a Perfection 1650) refused to work after a system upgrade.

Anyone else any comments about the Canon?
Latest Forum Posts