Non-motoring > Dr who - the ultimate disgrace. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 38

Dr who - the ultimate disgrace. - Zero
Ok thats it, more than I am prepared to accept.

Sptifires have just flown in space and shot up the Dalek space ship.

AND

The used the call signs "broadsword" and "danny boy"

Dr who - the ultimate disgrace. - CGNorwich

Next they will have a giant volcanic ash cloud grounding all aircraft in Europe
 Dr who - the ultimate disgrace. - Tooslow
Yep, they're breaking the rules. That's not on. Basically any old nonsense goes apparently. Those "Spitfires" were built, crew trained and launched in under 10 minutes? Why not send them against the incoming bombers. Too much.

JH
 Dr who - the ultimate disgrace. - SteelSpark
Haven't watched it since the Master was living inside that stone statue...that kind of made sense at the time

Anyway, why are you wasting your lives watching Dr Who...when you could be working your way through the Blake's 7 box sets?
Now you tell me. The main attraction being Servalan :-) Ooh I've come over all unnecessary!

JH
 Dr who - the ultimate disgrace. - VxFan
>> Those "Spitfires" were built crew trained and launched in under 10 minutes?

You're forgetting the Dr has a time machine. He flew back in time and had them built. I did notice that they pinched the flux capacitor idea from Back to the Future though.
 Dr who - the ultimate disgrace. - PeteW
Possibly the worst episode I have ever seen - and I admit to seeing every one from John Pertwee onwards...
Even my 8 year old daughter said it was stupid!
 Dr who - the ultimate disgrace. - rtj70
An excuse to bring back the Daleks. Again.
 Dr who - the ultimate disgrace. - Screwloose

Doctor Who has Jumped the Shark.....
 Dr who - the ultimate disgrace. - Ted

Where's William Hartnell ? has he been dropped ?

Ted
 Dr who - the ultimate disgrace. - Aaron C. Rescue
New companion is lovely.
 Dr who - the ultimate disgrace. - Robin O'Reliant
The Mk2 Dalek is a fair bit bigger than the Mk1. I suppose it's the air bags and crumple zones that have bloated it a bit. Wonder if they will bring out an estate version?

And how come the new Tardis still takes the form of a police box? I thought it was supposed to blend into it's surroundings but the old one couldn't because of a fault in the system (probably an ECU sourced from Fiat or Renault).

The new assistant has some legs, hasn't she?
Last edited by: Robin Regal on Sun 18 Apr 10 at 15:03
Rob,
is it a new Tardis? I missed that. Signed up for scrappage did he? :-)

On a different note, I think most backroomers have a dim view of pc so this is definitely a question and not a criticism; how does the doctor get away with comments like "You're Scottish, fry something" (previous episode)? That usually attracts the angry brigade with cries of "racial discrimination" and "it's a hate crime", whatever that means, whereas the more normal among us (and God forbid I ever be normal. Normal people do some very peculiar things) just think it's funny.

JH
 Dr who - the ultimate disgrace. - Old Sock

>> The new assistant has some legs hasn't she?

Only time will tell.....
 Dr who - the ultimate disgrace. - Fullchat
" Even my 8 year old daughter said it was stupid! "

And was there really any need for 'Churchill' to use the word beginning in B with a couple of RRs in the middle and ending in D, during what is a highly popular childrens series? Err No!
 Dr who - the ultimate disgrace. - Badwolf
I agree Fullchat. I was somewhat taken aback to hear that.

The Spitfire thing was a bit silly, but I *think* that they could fly into space due to some of the other inventions (gravity bubble being one of them) of that android bloke played by the fella from Law & Order UK. Though how they managed to adapt the Spitfires so quickly baffles me.

I didn't like the new Daleks at all - they've been eating far too many pies for my liking. I did think that the 'soldier' Daleks looked excellent in their green paint.

Matt Smith is turning out to be very very good as the Doctor. I had my reservations but I think that he's taken to the part really well. And I like Amy Pond very much. In fact, I might be falling in love. Don't tell Mrs Badwolf though. I don't think she'd approve.
www.wired.com/images_blogs/underwire/2009/07/smith.jpg

Oof! She's pretty.

TBH, I've found it all a bit hit and miss for a couple of years now. The whole TARDIS deus ex machina aspect of the story- he's in a bit of a bind, gets rescued by the box- was trite. Or something that rhymes with trite. I think we need some hard sci-fi show to counter it- something with the feel of Blake's7 would be very welcome right now.

Will it survive the absence of RTD? I don't know. It doesn't bode well to me when the 2nd ep drags the Daleks back in. You can have too much Dalek.

Dr who - the ultimate disgrace. - Runfer D'Hills
Don't do ginger myself.
:)

Each to his own Humphster!
 Dr who - the ultimate disgrace. - rtj70
>> It doesn't bode well to me when the 2nd ep drags the Daleks back in. You can have too much Dalek.

Third episode. But it was a poor one.
Sorry, Rob, right enough.

Which actually makes me realise that its sort of getting forgettable.

Hear there's a UFO remake in the pipeline?
 Dr who - the ultimate disgrace. - Crankcase
As you rightly say. "Shooting starts this spring in the UK" allegedly.

www.imdb.com/title/tt1443799/

>> As you rightly say. "Shooting starts this spring in the UK" allegedly.
>>
>> www.imdb.com/title/tt1443799/

YES EXCELENT

Exciting, innit?
It is!

I still have a golfball from the MT72 printer seen in the opening shots, and the theme tune on my mobile as a ring tone.

They'll ruin it - nobody could ever hope to match the purple-haired Gabrielle Drake in those silver high-heeled boots and mini-skirt....
>> They'll ruin it - nobody could ever hope to match the purple-haired Gabrielle Drake in
>> those silver high-heeled boots and mini-skirt....

Stop it, I have lusted after her all of my life.
Moi aussi. Still a fine-looking woman.

Shame Ed Bishop and Michael Billington couldn't have been around to see it.

Is that the actual golfball from the printer itself? Ie, the self-same one?
Last edited by: Aaron C. Rescue on Mon 19 Apr 10 at 22:53
 Dr who - the ultimate disgrace. - Armel Coussine
Never could stand the dr in any of his versions, purple-haired doxies and all, carp for nippers and not the best.

Could I be wrong though? Could 22 million British whippersnappers possibly be right?

No, I don't think so. Rubbish, and always was.
 Dr who - the ultimate disgrace. - Stuartli
Dr Who?

Is it something to do with the Quartermass Experiment?
so I am reliably informed by the engineer who serviced it. It has a missing detent tooth.
Screwloose, may I remind you of Catherine Schell in Space 1999? Sorry to distract you from the enticing thought of Gabrielle.
JH

Sorry; Katy von Schell did nothing for me - so it's back to Gabby's mini and that strangely fetching silver string vest.
Yo do of course forget the real beauty of the nether regions under Harlington Studios

Ayesha Brough

Of course I haven't forgotten skin-tight Ayesha - although I could never figure out exactly who she was waving to in the titles...?

She was a fairly well-known "yoof" presenter on Lift-off around that time too. Nothing since?
 Dr who - the ultimate disgrace. - Old Sock
>> You do of course forget the real beauty of the nether regions under Harlington Studios

There's more than one way of reading that, Zero :-)
 Dr who - the ultimate disgrace. - BiggerBadderDave
I'm not at all interested in U.F.O. but I would like to see Blake's Seven "re-imagined".

The recent Battlestar Galactica series shown on Sky was very slick, shot in semi-documentary style. Shame about the poor ending.
 Dr who - the ultimate disgrace. - Fenlander
The last few years of revamped Dr Who has been something we've watched as a family after tea each Sat with our (now early teens) girls. Of course you can pick holes in it but the production values are a mile above the old series when I was a kid. Even if not an earth shattering (?) story each week has something of merit and anything that gets the kids out of their rooms, off the laptops and sitting with us for an hour is OK by me.
 Dr who - the ultimate disgrace. - Crankcase
>> I'm not at all interested in U.F.O. but I would like to see Blake's >> Seven "re-imagined".

Well...possibly...needs chasing up though as it's a 2008 report.

www.blakes7.com/index.php/2008/04/sky-one-to-remake-blakes-7/#top3

Latest Forum Posts