Non-motoring > TVs. Running in ???? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: henry k Replies: 7

TVs. Running in ???? - henry k
I bought a Sony 24EX32x TV very recently for casual viewing.
I was very disappointed at the quality of the picture when viewed from off centre either horizontally or vertically and assumed this was a "feature" .
The colours washed out very badly so best to make sure the viewing angle was spot on.

Now the picture has changed dramatically and the viewing angle is no longer a pain.

I assume some part of the electricky bits has alterered during my short ownership rather than a running in period ? Most odd!
As it was John Lewis buy I was considering following up the situation next year but am now waiting to see if the situation changes again

Has anyone else had this problem with a TV?
 TVs. Running in ???? - Zero
They vary by temperature.
 TVs. Running in ???? - Robin O'Reliant
Perhaps you made the mistake of using a full synthetic oil during the run-in period?

Apparantly it doesn't allow the bores to bed in properly...
 TVs. Running in ???? - Fursty Ferret
You did buy the bottom of the range one so a bit of colour shift when off-centre is to be expected.

Turn the backlight down, or since you bought it from John Lewis, take it back and complain.

I have the 40EX403 and it's pretty good; while colours are still good when viewing off-centre the black level suffers.
 TVs. Running in ???? - madf
Kicking it usually works.

If not, kick the dog...
 TVs. Running in ???? - henry k
>>You did buy the bottom of the range one
>>
Dont think so. Its a small 1080 job to fit in a specific location and it was not cheap.
Not a lot of small full HD sets and it has an extra low profile stand.

>>Kicking it usually works. If not, kick the dog...
>>
Not an option. Only "pet" we have has a thick shell and he is still akip for a few more weeks. That leaves SWMBO so what else can I target ???

It has lived in the same spot since we bought it so temperature should not have affected it.

A return to JL is always a back stop.

TVs. Running in ???? - rtj70
>> Not a lot of small full HD sets

No because they are pointless. They only exist now because of the displays being used for laptops etc. too. What can you watch on a small TV that really needs 1080p resolution? Anyway not the point of the post....

At least its from JLP... no problems returning it or getting it fixed/replaced for 5 years.

For wide viewing angles you are best with an IPS display (In Plane Switching.... Panasonic use them a lot as does the Apple iPad). If viewing angle etc has changed.... something is not right. Unless an over the air fix has made it behave differently.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Tue 27 Dec 11 at 00:55
 TVs. Running in ???? - Fursty Ferret
>> >>You did buy the bottom of the range one
>> >>
>> Dont think so. Its a small 1080 job to fit in a specific location and
>> it was not cheap.
>>

Yeah, but it's a Sony! It's never cheap... :-)
Latest Forum Posts