Non-motoring > Trying To Contact Logik... Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Clk Sec Replies: 17

Trying To Contact Logik... - Clk Sec
I'd like to contact the company that manufacturers Logik ovens. Does anyone know where they're located, please?

Trying To Contact Logik... - Zero
There is no "company" that makes logik ovens. Its a brand name for DSG, and will be a series of different models from a series of different makers.
 Trying To Contact Logik... - Manatee
You should be able to get bits from Partmaster.
Thanks, Zero and Manatee.

I'm not after spares, just a question that could be more easily answered by the manufacturer than the retailer.
 Trying To Contact Logik... - RattleandSmoke
You will have to do a bit of investigation to find out who made it, but I would just contact DSGi they may be able to help.

Does it say made in Turkey by any chance?
I don't know, rattle. I haven't bought one yet.
I would give it some serious thought before you do. Whatever it is, if its a "logik" I am sure you can get better elsewhere.
 Trying To Contact Logik... - WillDeBeest
Here, for example:
www.lacanche.com/en/citeaux.html

You'll know where it was made too.
};---)
I'm sure you can get better, but perhaps not at the same price.

The multiples' own brands in large products are typically much better in terms of reliability than they were 15 years ago - I know this to be true.

You can't apply a generalisation to a specific product of course, but the likes of Comet and Dixons Retail usually take the 'manufacturer guarantee' risk themselves so they, are if anything, more concerned financially with reliability than a mainstream manufacturer who only suffers the marginal cost of production on early replacements.

That's not to say that a £150 Logik oven is going to be as robustly made as a £350 Neff one - but it doesn't follow it's going to be any less reliable, especially if it is simpler in terms of timers etc.

If you ask the mods to give you my email (or vice versa) I might be able to get the information you want.
Last edited by: Manatee on Tue 20 Dec 11 at 21:09
 Trying To Contact Logik... - movilogo
Logik, Matsui, Sandstorm, Advent are all DSG brands.

Proline is a Comet brand.
Last edited by: movilogo on Tue 20 Dec 11 at 21:11
>> I'm sure you can get better, but perhaps not at the same price.
>>
>> The multiples' own brands in large products are typically much better in terms of reliability
>> than they were 15 years ago - I know this to be true.

Not my experience. i also have recent experience that "own brand" white goods in DSG and Comet are specced down in build quality to make up for lower price and feature richness.

Models also change very quickly, and getting parts out of warranty (unless you know the OEM) is near impossible.

Trying To Contact Logik... - RattleandSmoke
When I worked at Curry's I hated Logik with a passion, I think Matsui had just about been phased out.

It was simply just over priced tat in fancy packaging. Go for a proper brand what ever you do, even if it something like a Beko at least you know who made it.
>> It was simply just over priced tat in fancy packaging

That is true for some cars as well :-)

Thanks for the responses - I've had a rethink and have bought a Bosch.

Also, my thanks to Manatee for his kind offer.
 Trying To Contact Logik... - Iffy
...I've had a rethink and have bought a Bosch...

Who, it transpires, make ovens for the Logik brand.

Only joking, although many a true word said in jest.

Bosch don't even make ovens for Bosch.

Only joking, although many a true word said in jest.

Bosch, Siemens, Neff are all brands of BSH

www.bsh-group.com/index.php?page=102573

Trying To Contact Logik... - madf
I like own brands when secondhand. They can be bought for a song, used for a job and then thrown away (not literally of course).
I have a £5 Homebase router.. Works very well. When it dies, junk it.
A lot of own brands goods are made by good manufacturers (don't know about Logik though).

Latest Forum Posts