Non-motoring > Big in the Movies ? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 11

Big in the Movies ? - R.P.
www.wscountytimes.co.uk/news/local/film_extras_wanted_for_new_horsham_movie_1_3290257

Big in the Movies ? - crocks
"Anyone who wants to work as an extra in Shady Lady should be male, aged betweeen 19 and 25, and be “fit looking,” says Tristan. “During the war, people did not tend to be overweight"

Looks like they don't want you to be too big in the movies!
 Big in the Movies ? - helicopter
Well I happen to live in Horsham........Hurst Road is about a mile away

Unfortunately it does not appear they are looking for overweight over 60's .....

I couldn't be big in the movies .... I'm just big.
 Big in the Movies ? - R.P.
I think given the demographic of this site none of us will qualify !
 Big in the Movies ? - madf
Speak for yourself,,,I'm still a fit 25 (in my mind):-)
 Big in the Movies ? - Dog
My ole mum was an extra in this film during WW2 www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-4v8afyE04,

S'quite a good film, actually.
 Big in the Movies ? - Armel Coussine
>> Well I happen to live in Horsham

I thought you lived in Chichester or thereabouts helicopter.

Perhaps you can tell me where Horsham is. It's on the map all right but whenever I have tried to go there I haven't been able to find it. It can't be an event horizon because I always emerge from where it is supposed to be still alive and apparently in the same space-time continuum, although puzzled and irritated.

I don't think it exists actually. Dreamed up to confuse the Germans in the forties and just caught on, something like that.
 Big in the Movies ? - Zero
>> >> Well I happen to live in Horsham
>>
>> I thought you lived in Chichester or thereabouts helicopter.
>>
>> Perhaps you can tell me where Horsham is. It's on the map all right but
>> whenever I have tried to go there I haven't been able to find it. It
>> can't be an event horizon because I always emerge from where it is supposed to
>> be still alive and apparently in the same space-time continuum, although puzzled and irritated.
>>
>> I don't think it exists actually. Dreamed up to confuse the Germans in the forties
>> and just caught on, something like that.

It was bypassed, by of all things, the Horsham bypass. Its never been seen since.
 Big in the Movies ? - missyMe
I love the part where it says 'tipped for an Oscar'???? Hilarious.

Never heard of a film being 'tipped' while still filming and when most of the previous films made by this director haven't even been rated on IMDB - actually one has and it has 3.9 out of 10. I don't think I've ever seen a lower star rating.

Also it's misleading as a film isn't given a place in Cannes before it has been made. They're going to show a trailer at Cannes and not the film itself.

A bit of spin journalism there I think. Also they call themselves multi-award winning???? Business Award Winner 3 times isn't exactly what it brings to mind when talking about an award winning film company although they do have an audience award at that famous Chichester film festival.

I really think it's great that anyone goes out and makes films and to make documentaries which highlight issues is also brilliant and getting funding is hard but it brings a bad taste to my mouth to big yourself up to that extent when it's all empty bobbins. One audience award at Chichester does not give yourself the right to call yourself a multi award winning film maker.

If I'm wrong and they've just not put up all their amazing awards on their site then I take it all back. Also if a documentary company are misleading people to that extent on their site and their background, what on earth are they doing making documentaries in the first place? The whole idea is to present a balanced and well researched piece with proper facts and not a pile of misleading spin.

Just a thought...
 Big in the Movies ? - Iffy
Reminds me of a pal of mine who had a pub in Sunderland.

He put up a sign: 'Barmaids required - no fat lasses need apply.'

It's the North East where old-fashioned attitudes to many things prevail, but there were a few complaints.

The regulars blamed Guardian-reading lesbian students.

Big in the Movies ? - helicopter
How dare you AC and Zero , slagging off Horsham...the pearl of West Sussex

Very nice place it is ,indeed it was voted the second best place to live in England in 2006.

Read all about it.....

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horsham

Big in the Movies ? - Crankcase
Horsham is where Beverley Nichols lived when he owned Merry Hall, and one day Mrs C and I shall make a little pilgrimage to see it, even though on streetview it's now surrounded by new estates.

But I note someone in the new street naming department knew about him and his books, because some of them have the names of his characters, which is sweet.

Edit: No, not Horsham. Ashstead. Obviously.
Last edited by: Crankcase on Wed 7 Dec 11 at 15:58
Latest Forum Posts