Non-motoring > Application for tickets for Wimbledon? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: henry k Replies: 7

Application for tickets for Wimbledon? - henry k
It would appear That I, SWMBO and my daughters applications will be rejected.
I know they make the rules BUT.

One application only per household from your permanent address where you are registered on the electoral roll not your student address.
Etc. Etc.
Multiple applications.....not considered in future ballots

I know what they are trying to do re preventing tickets migrating etc.
SWMBO and I are both not on the full register so are Wimbledon allowed access to the full register and if so why? see link below.
If they are not allowed access then we cannot apply for tickets or are they bluffing ?

My daughter has had to let her flat while she is at uni so any tickets she might win in the draw would be sent to her address where her tenants would first get the letter/tickets.
No the best outcome!

We are not amused!!

www.parliament.uk/documents/commons/lib/research/briefings/snpc-01020.pdf

"The full register is to be available by way of sale to private bodies where this is necessary:

to enable a body to meet its statutory obligations in relation to
security, law enforcement and crime prevention; or

to enable a body to conduct its business in such a manner whereby
the public interest benefits clearly outweigh any interference with
any Convention rights.
 Application for tickets for Wimbledon? - Roger.
I am not in favour of officially collected, (under threat of penalty), information being sold or otherwise disseminated to commercial organisations.
Similarly, as some may recall, I was reluctant to complete the census: too many nosy people have access to the information and given successive governments' record of the security of information generally, I am not confident in their assertions of privacy being maintained.
(SWMBO did both the electoral register & the census, BTW, for both of us and against my instinct, but then she is worried by official threats of fines etc.)
Last edited by: VxFan on Sat 29 Oct 11 at 18:21
 Application for tickets for Wimbledon? - Duncan
>> My daughter has had to let her flat while she is at uni so any
>> tickets she might win in the draw would be sent to her address where her
>> tenants would first get the letter/tickets.
>

1. Why doesn't she have her mail redirected, while she is at uni?

2. I would pay good money NOT to go to Wimbledon! Quite the silliest game on the planet.
 Application for tickets for Wimbledon? - Roger.

>> 2. I would pay good money NOT to go to Wimbledon! Quite the silliest game
>> on the planet.

At last - a like minded person on the demerits of tennis.
Applause!
Unfortunately SWMBO loves it, so there is a whole fortnight of the boring stuff on TV in the summer.
 Application for tickets for Wimbledon? - Iffy
I went to Wimbledon once in the 1980s.

Turned up in the first week, paid, and went in.

Walking around the courts was fascinating, although there were no showpiece games.

There was a shower of rain, and Ivan Lendl all but refused to carry on.

He stamped his feet like a truculent six-year-old, leading to some well-deserved boos.

A friend of a friend was a line judge.

She and most of her colleagues regarded pinching a Wimbledon towel as a perk of the job.

Application for tickets for Wimbledon? - Zero
I did IT systems technical support at Wimbledon for a few years. Gave me an all courts all areas pass.

Best two weeks of my life.
 Application for tickets for Wimbledon? - Iffy
...I did IT systems technical support at Wimbledon for a few years...

My middle brother is involved in the IT side of the passes each year.

The contract is his most lucrative by a long way.

He's ex-RAF and reckons that helped him get his feet under the table at the All-England Club - they like the cut of his jib.
 Application for tickets for Wimbledon? - Bromptonaut
I'm struggling to follow the OP's comment on the Electoral Register. Contextually I'm assuming he and his wife are on the full register but have opted out of the edited register available for commercial use.

The exceptions allowed access to the full register include, IIRC, legitimate credit reference agencies such as Experian. Presumably therefore Wimbledon can use a check with such an agency as part of their process for checking applicant's bona fides.

Personally I'm quite happy with the current rules on legitimate use of the full register. The Information Commissioner has powers of enforcement if data is misused. Can understand why others may be less laid back though.
Latest Forum Posts