Non-motoring > Outstanding arrest warrants Miscellaneous
Thread Author: BobbyG Replies: 3

Outstanding arrest warrants - BobbyG
If someone has an outstanding warrant out for them, or has failed to appear for a court hearing, is there a system in place whereby any benefits they claim are automatically stopped?
 Outstanding arrest warrants - rtj70
No idea - but if I knew of someone I'd be contacting people. Not from a benefit perspective (well I might) but the arrest warrant itself.

I suppose it might help locate them when they try to withdraw some benefit in a post office.
 Outstanding arrest warrants - Iffy
There's no direct connection between a person's benefits and an arrest warrant.

The person may yet to be convicted of any offence, although they are almost certainly guilty of failing to surrender to bail.

I have known of benefits details to be used to help the police find someone they are looking for.

Executing warrants can lead to good stories.

There was a guy convicted of burglary in 1990-something who skipped bail and moved to Ireland.

A warrant was issued at the time, but he wasn't arrested before he left the country.

He came back to north east England about 12 years later for a mate's milestone birthday party, clearly thinking his case had been forgotten about.

The police somehow picked him up and he appeared before Durham Crown Court to be dealt with.

We heard that in the intervening years he'd got a job, got married, and had a couple of children.

The judge still locked him up, had to, the original offence was a nasty burglary, and courts take a dim view of people who go on the run.

The guy burst into tears when he realised he was going to prison.
 Outstanding arrest warrants - Londoner
>> The guy burst into tears when he realised he was going to prison.
>>
Ah! Diddums.
My heart bleeds.
Latest Forum Posts