Non-motoring > A new best tipple. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: henry k Replies: 11

A new best tipple. - henry k
"absolutely exploded from the glass with vitality, charisma and class"

Nicely put!

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-15423862
 A new best tipple. - Slidingpillar
May be, may be not.

After all, it's the opinion of one man - who has written a book.
 A new best tipple. - Bromptonaut
>> May be, may be not.
>>
>> After all, it's the opinion of one man - who has written a book.

I agree. It may be a brilliant example of th Whisky makers art but the best tasting whisky is from Islay..

ducks and runs......
 A new best tipple. - CGNorwich
but the best tasting whisky is from Islay..

Then you haven't tried Norfolk whisky..

www.englishwhisky.co.uk/home.html
 A new best tipple. - Dave
I made some sloe whisky last year. I'm not a big whisky fan, but the sloe whisky was excellent. Just a hint of whisky, and plenty of sloe taste.
 A new best tipple. - MD
Perhaps for a shooting foray young man???????
Absolutely! Although they frown on drinking and shooting here. But a friend and I hold a couple of pheasant shoots every year, and we always serve some sloe gin or whisky, and no-one complains. We also insist on no dayglo clothing - which goes against their safety ethos.
 A new best tipple. - MD
Where are you based Dave?
Between Borås and Jönköping - western Sweden. Why, you popping in for a tipple?
 A new best tipple. - MD
Now that would be a grand idea. One of the best home made tipple's I had was here in North Devon near Porlock some 10 years ago. Went picking up on a lovely shoot with my (then young) black lab. One of the other guys proffered some 'Marmalade' as he laughingly put it. Very pleasant and so moreish served in stirrup cups. After the tird fins strated to og a bti wonyk.
 A new best tipple. - Pat
Many years ago I drove into a fam yard in Devon with a flat trailer and 1200 bags of sugar beet pulp nuts on it. These were stacked on the deck and it was my job to man handle them to the edge of the trailer and on to the farm hands shoulders to be stacked in the barn. It's a long job as you can imagine but this was made harder because they wanted me between two buildings and the bags all had to be passed through an old window gap to the 3 blokes who were inside and stacking them.

The reason for doing it this way was because it was raining sideways and the bags were made of brown paper ( you know the ones HM!)

Three hours later I was absolutely soaked to the skin and of course the blokes were all dry, working in the barn.
The Polish farm manager came out as I was roping my neatly folded sheets back on and asked if I would like to go to his bungalow to change into some dry clothes and have a 'warm drink' to stop me catching cold.

Of course I accepted, I couldn't get in the cab like that anyway. He showed me to the bathroom and I dried off and changed, went back into his kitchen and sat down at the table where there was a mug for both of us.

I picked it up gratefully as I was talking and took a welcome mouthful of something hot which I assumed would be coffee or tea.

It was a clear liquid which made my mouth and throat on fire!

I asked him what it was and he said it was Polish spitit, but to get it into England he had to decant it into a bottle labelled Horse Liniment.

I never did find out what it was, but did try to explain that as I was driving I really couldn't drink anymore. I never did get a coffee.

Pat
 A new best tipple. - henry k
>>It was a clear liquid which made my mouth and throat on fire!

>>I asked him what it was and he said it was Polish spitit, but to get it into England he had to decant it into a bottle labelled Horse Liniment.

IIRC it is a sort of higj strength Vodka. It used to be quite rare in the old days and had a reputation especially as it was only available in half bottle sizes ( due to its strength) .
Latest Forum Posts