Non-motoring > Holiday help Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Skip Replies: 9

Holiday help - Skip
We would like to go to Cornwall for 4 or 5 nights in October and prefer to go self caterng in a cottage or log cabin etc rather than a hotel/B&B.

The problem is that due to work commitments we have got to start the holiday on a Wednesday and I can't find anyone who starts a 4 night break on anything other than a Monday or sometimes Tuesday,

Do any of you know of any holiday compaies who are a bit flexible on start days ?

Andy
 Holiday help - FocalPoint
I would avoid using a holiday company and book direct - preferably somewhere personally recommended.

There should be a few here who can help.

It would be useful if you could indicate which part(s) of Cornwall you're interested in.
 Holiday help - Skip
Would prefer the North Coast, but will consider anywhere really.
 Holiday help - bathtub tom
I'd suggest the 'visit England' website - the official tourist information job.

If that doesn't throw up any possibilities, then try 'phoning the tourist information centres direct. They'll often know of Mrs Smith up the hill who'll do that.

You'll find that most holiday home owners are prepared to be flexible.

If it's the school half-term holiday you may not be so lucky.
 Holiday help - CGNorwich
Try the Owners Direct site - No agency involved so you can email the cottage owners.

Have used the site number of times both for UK and Overseas rentals. Most owners are prepared to be flexible especially off peak.

www.ownersdirect.co.uk/

Holiday help - Dog
Have a look through here Skip ~ www.visitcornwall.com/site/places-to-stay
 Holiday help - swiss tony
I have a friend who has a place in Cornwall.....

If a mod could let Skip know my email addy, I may be able to help......
 Holiday help - Skip
Thanks guys, will have a look later.

Andy
 Holiday help - Fenlander
We have been using holiday cottages for 30yrs and family let out some. In October you should have no problem chosing a start day but there may be a little less flexibility if you want to go away in the school half-term week at the end of the month.

I would 100% agree with avoiding an agency if possible, they can be quite inflexible and drive prices up.

I ususally Google cottage, whatever location you want, beach, dog etc... to fit what you're looking for.
Last edited by: Fenlander on Sat 1 Oct 11 at 14:07
 Holiday help - Skip
Thanks for the suggestions.

Found a barn conversion in Looe on the owners direct website, i emailed the owner and he wants £185.00 for the 4 nights, a bargain i reckon !

Andy
Latest Forum Posts