Non-motoring > for info! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: devonite Replies: 14

for info! - devonite
Just found this on my FB page, probably some scare-mongering, but does serve as a memory jogger!

>> this is a message from my friend it goes as followed please take heed while driving on a rural end of the roadway. On Thursday morning, I saw an infant car seat on the side of the road with a blanket draped over it. For whatever reason, I did not stop, even though I had all kinds of thoughts running through my head. But when I got to my destination, I called the Police and they were going to check it out. But, this is what the Police advised even before they went out there to check.... "There are several things to be aware of ... gangs and thieves are now plotting different ways to get a person (mostly women)to stop their vehicle and get out of the car. "There is a gang initiation reported by the local Police where gangs are placing a car seat by the road...with a fake baby in it...waiting for a woman, of course, to stop and check on the abandoned baby. "Note that the location of this car seat is usually beside a wooded or grassy (field) area and the person -- woman -- will be dragged into the woods, beaten and raped, and usually left for dead. If it's a man, they're usually beaten and robbed and maybe left for dead, too. DO NOT STOP FOR ANY REASON!!! DIAL 9-9-9 AND REPORT WHAT YOU SAW, BUT DON'T EVEN SLOW DOWN. "IF YOU ARE DRIVING AT NIGHT AND EGGS ARE THROWN AT YOUR WINDSCREEN, DO NOT STOP TO CHECK THE CAR, DO NOT OPERATE THE WIPER AND DO NOT SPRAY ANY WATER BECAUSE EGGS MIXED WITH WATER BECOME MILKY AND BLOCK YOUR VISION UP TO 92.5%, AND YOU ARE THEN FORCED TO STOP BESIDE THE ROAD AND BECOME A VICTIM OF THESE CRIMINALS. THIS IS A NEW TECHNIQUE USED BY GANGS, SO PLEASE INFORM YOUR FRIENDS AND RELATIVES. THESE ARE DESPERATE TIMES AND THESE ARE UNSAVOURY INDIVIDUALS WHO WILL TAKE DESPERATE MEASURES TO GET WHAT THEY WANT." Please talk to your loved ones about this. This is a new tactic used. Please be safe. Get started NOW -- SEND THIS MESSAGE TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS AND LOVED ONES TO BE CAREFUL<<

treat with as much respect as you wish!!
 for info! - Robin O'Reliant
And Bill Gates will give you $10 every time you forward this warning to a friend.
 for info! - Tigger
www.snopes.com/crime/gangs/carseat.asp
 for info! - CGNorwich
BLOCK YOUR VISION UP TO 92.5%,

how oddly specific. Is there a lab somewhere where they pelt eggs at moving vehicles and check the opacity of the screen?
 for info! - Lygonos
This is why I carry a gun.
 for info! - Dog
>>This is why I carry a gun<<

In what part of America do you live, buddy?
 for info! - Lygonos
>> In what part of America do you live, buddy?

The only good part - Scotland.
 for info! - Dutchie
Glasgow.Buddy?
 for info! - R.P.
Looks like a hoax

www.hoax-slayer.com/infant-car-seat-gang-warning.shtml
 for info! - devonite
Yep! i did realise that it was nothing more than an attempt at scare-mongering. but it does just jog the memory about leaving the car unlocked just even for a few seconds, shops/ petrol stations etc.
As i said : treat with as much contempt as you wish!!
 for info! - Dog
I always send these things out - better safe than sorry ;}
 for info! - Roger.
>> I always send these things out - better safe than sorry ;}

I never send them out as they are, in my experience, invariably hoaxes.
 for info! - Zero
>> BLOCK YOUR VISION UP TO 92.5%,
>>
>> how oddly specific. Is there a lab somewhere where they pelt eggs at moving vehicles
>> and check the opacity of the screen?

Have you not read the latest Delia Smith?

And you a canary boy!
 for info! - R.P.
Back from your hols then ?
 for info! - Zero
>> Back from your hols then ?
Nah, currently in the hotel bar watching the F1 qualifying on Italian television
Before taking the cable car up to town for a Belini and dinner
Early morning dash across Sicily to catch the 10:30 sleazyjet from Palermo tomorrow
Latest Forum Posts