Non-motoring > Traffic Wardens! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: devonite Replies: 6

Traffic Wardens! - devonite
Ours are like this!! - till it gets to 1:35!!!!!!

www.facebook.com/tmobileuk
 Traffic Wardens! - Clk Sec
I enjoyed that :-)
 Traffic Wardens! - Westpig
A few years back I got caught on a yellow line, got back to the car and the warden was still writing the ticket out. In those days (law changed now unfortunately) the warden had to either give you the ticket, or post it on the car...which they couldn't do if they hadn't finished it...so if you were in the know, you had to get away quickly enough before they did.

This one was glued to my driver's door (for that very reason). I started to (falsely) claim the yellow lines weren't clearly marked at the back of my car...so around she trudged...at which point I got in and drove off.

Cheeky old trout entered the ticket anyway, which she should only have done if she'd posted it on the car or given it to me. I rang up and complained and got the thing cancelled, when they read her evidence. Most people not in the know would have paid that one, despite it not being valid.

Traffic Wardens! - smokie
Did the same meself a few years back, in the City of London - bloke was giving me a ticket when I was just minutes late, so I argue then realised it wasn't stuck on anything so I drove off. I felt that every policeman in London was looking out for me for a few days, but never heard any more.
 Traffic Wardens! - bathtub tom
I really annoyed one. Around forty years ago I came back to the car and a warden demanded my name and address. I refused unless they could show me some identification, on the basis of 'they could be any weirdo dressed up in a traffic wardens outfit'.

I subsequently found out I was obliged to give my details and they didn't carry identification (although that soon changed).
 Traffic Wardens! - Dutchie
Good to watch a bit of fun.

When our son lived in Camden I parked by mistake in a residential bay with a valid tickett.Just arrived after a long drive.Warden put a tickett on the car.

Warden advised me to sent a letter to Camden council he put his name to it.

Got a letter back and tickett cancelled.One up for Camden.London.
 Traffic Wardens! - Meldrew
Slight thread drift, apologies! People with nothing better to do may care to use this link to check out the many ways in which parking regulations may turn out to unenforceable, either due to faults in the signage and/or the dimensions and quality of the yellow lines on the road.

www.appealnow.com/parking-tickets/parking-ticket-lines-signs/
Latest Forum Posts