Non-motoring > Thank you 99p stores.... Accessories and Parts
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 11

Thank you 99p stores.... - VxFan
....for your ever so cheap and cheerful plastic solar light. It had the correct LED I needed to repair one of my slightly more expensive stainless steel solar lights. I also have a spare rechargeable AAA Li-MH battery as well, and all for only 99p.

I'm sure the same spares from somewhere like Maplins would have cost me more than the solar lights are worth.
 Thank you 99p stores.... - Robin O'Reliant
I don't know how they do it. I bought a pack of two PP3 batteries for 99p, they are normaly at least three quid each anywhere else.

I'm thinking of tiling my bathroom with packs of their cushion tiles, I could do that and the toilet for about £20.
 Thank you 99p stores.... - henry k
>> I don't know how they do it. I bought a pack of two PP3 batteries for 99p
>>
I have bought cards of button batteries of £1 or 99p but none of the shops in my area stock them anymore. Mumble mumble. They were fantastic value.
Has anyone got any idea why they have gone ? Exchange rates?

Paper sleeves for CDs and recently coffee table books down from £25.
Poundland ( not so common in SW London area ) seem the most consistant value even if you pay a 1P premium.
 Thank you 99p stores.... - Stuartli
>>I have bought cards of button batteries of £1 or 99p but none of the shops in my area stock them anymore.>>

Plenty on offer in all our local discount stores...:-)

Some offer 40 batteries packs, others 50. Even if I only use just one battery for a watch it's still far cheaper than an individual battery purchase, although it might not suit the environmental campaigners.
Last edited by: Stuartli on Tue 6 Apr 10 at 21:02
 Thank you 99p stores.... - henry k
>>Button batteries.....Plenty on offer in all our local discount stores...:-)
None of the stores of differing chains in several shopping areas near me have any and this is over several weeks.
I checked the big 99p ( ex Wollies site) store today and nowt.
Grab em while you can as I recon they will not be restocked.
 Thank you 99p stores.... - Stuartli
>>...near me have any and this is over several weeks>>

I bought a pack only about a fortnight ago as I had run out of the 364 batteries I use the most....:-)
 Thank you 99p stores.... - Zero
>> I don't know how they do it.

they sell tat.

Went in one in Woking once. Never saw so many facial piercings and tattoes.

And that was the staff.
 Thank you 99p stores.... - Dog
Well done that man! Do you reckon I could repair/replace the solar whatsit in my light?
One works ok but the other one has gorn kaput, I've replaced the rechargeable batteries ~
www.flickr.com/photos/43576259@N04/4497267383
 Thank you 99p stores.... - spamcan61
I find quite a few useful bits and pieces in the Christchurch one ( can't recall if it's 99p or Poundland)

Recent one was a USB 2.0 SD card reader (SDHC compatible) , handy as few of the PCs in our house have SDHC compatible readers.

One thing I have noticed is that quite often some of the basics ( biscuits, kitchen cleaner, that sort of stuff ) are more expensive than supermarkets.
 Thank you 99p stores.... - VxFan
>> Do you reckon I could repair/replace the solar whatsit in my light?

Not sure. You would need to strip it down to look at the LED(s).

The solar light that I repaired was one of a group of six that I bought from Tesco last year. They're nothing special ( direct.tesco.com/q/R.202-3671.aspx ), but when I tried spacing out the five remaining lights to compensate for the loss of the sixth one, somehow they just didn't look right for the layout of the garden. I suppose I could have taken them back as they're under a year old, but as I said, for 99p it was a cheap repair.
 Thank you 99p stores.... - Dog
>>> Not sure. You would need to strip it down to look at the LED(s). <<<

Oh, I see ... You've given me the idea to have a go at them now though, and they all work on the same principle (more or less)
 Thank you 99p stores.... - RattleandSmoke
When I was a stu-dent I had a side line business ofs selling things I bought in pound shops on we ebay. I made about 200 quid profit in total which is a lot when you're income is less than 2000 a year.

But by 2004 I found things were no longer selling. In 2005 I went to Brighton and discovered that southern twits now have pound shop too it was not convinced to the hell hole once known as Stretford Arndale.
Latest Forum Posts