Non-motoring > Latest "Nigerian" Scam Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Meldrew Replies: 11

Latest "Nigerian" Scam - Meldrew
I have just come back from a nice day out at the East Lincs Aviation Centre who have an almost airworthy Lancaster and found the following carp in my email. Easy to see thru it but quite threatening compared with the usual "Give your bank details and I will give you 10% of loads of money"! The English and syntax are all over the place, as usual!

FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION
INTELLIGENCE FIELD UNIT
J. EDGAR HOOVER BUILDING
935 PENNSYLVANIA AVENUE,NW WASHINGTON,D.C.

ATTN: BENEFICIARY

I AM SPECIAL AGENT JOHN EDWARD FROM THE FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION (FBI) INTELLIGENCE UNIT, WE HAVE JUST INTERCEPTED AND CONFISCATED TWO CONSIGNMENT BOXES AT JFK AIRPORT IN NEW YORK, AND WE ARE ON THE VERGE OF MOVING IT TO OUR BUREAU HEAD QUARTERS.

WE HAVE SCANNED THE SAID BOXES, AND HAVE FOUND IT TO CONTAIN LARGE SUM OF MONEY AND ALSO BACKUP DOCUMENT WHICH BEARS YOUR NAME AS THE RECEIVER OF THE MONEY CONTAINED IN THE BOXES, INVESTIGATIONS CARRIED OUT ON THE DIPLOMAT WHICH ACCOMPANIED THE BOXES INTO THE UNITED STATES HAS IT THAT HE WAS TO DELIVER THIS FUNDS TO YOUR RESIDENCE AS PAYMENT WHICH WAS DUE YOU FROM THE OFFICE OF FEDERAL GOVERNMENT IN NIGERIA FROM UNPAID CONTRACT SUMS.

WE CROSS-CHECKED ALL LEGAL DOCUMENTATION IN THE BOXES, AND WERE ABOUT TO RELEASE THE CONSIGNMENT TO THE DIPLOMAT,WHEN WE FOUND OUT THAT THE BOXES IS LACKING ONE VERY IMPORTANT DOCUMENTATION WHICH AS A RESULT, THE BOXES HAS BEEN CONFISCATED.

ACCORDING TO SECTION 229 SUBSECTION 31 OF THE 2005 AMENDED CONSTITUTION IN TAX PAYMENT, YOUR CONSIGNMENT LACKS PROOF OF OWNERSHIP CERTIFICATE FROM THE JOINT TEAM OF THE IRS AND HOMELAND SECURITY, AND THERE FOR, YOU MUST CONTACT US FOR DIRECTION ON HOW TO PROCURE THIS CERTIFICATE, SO THAT YOU CAN BE RELIEVED OF THE CHARGES OF EVADING TAX WHICH IS A PUNISHABLE OFFENSE UNDER SECTION 12 SUBSECTION 441 OF CONSTITUTION ON TAX EVASION.

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO CONTACT THIS BUREAU WITHIN 72HOURS, OR YOU WILL BE ARRESTED, INTERROGATED AND PROSECUTED IN THE COURT OF LAW FOR MONEY LAUNDRY.

ALSO, YOU MUST NOT CONTACT ANY OTHER BANK OR PERSONS IN NIGERIA, THE UNITED KINGDOM OR ANY PART OF THE WORLD FOR ANY PAYMENT, BECAUSE YOUR PAYMENT HAVE BEEN CONFISCATED BY THIS BUREAU HERE IN THE UNITED STATES.

YOURS IN SERVICE,

AGENT JOHN EDWARD
REGIONAL DEPUTY-DIRECTOR
FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION
INTELLIGENCE FIELD UNIT
J. EDGAR HOOVER BUILDING
935 PENNSYLVANIA AVENUE,NW WASHINGTON,D.C.
20535-0001,USA.
 Latest "Nigerian" Scam - Robin O'Reliant
Sounds pretty genuine to me.

I'd be worried if I were you.
 Latest "Nigerian" Scam - Meldrew
Bother! I was just off for a nice sleep and now I am going to wake up in Guantanamo Bay! Perhaps it will turn out to be Guano Bay!!!
 Latest "Nigerian" Scam - Zero
The address is right, if it came from fbi@info.gov you are in deep do do, easily extradited to the states to answer this one, they are ho ton money laundering.
 Latest "Nigerian" Scam - zippy
Nah, its fake, you can't confiscate anything from a diplomat!

;-)
 Latest "Nigerian" Scam - Cliff Pope
>> they are hot on money laundering.
>>
>>

But not MONEY LAUNDRY .
 Latest "Nigerian" Scam - sherlock47
>> >> they are hot on money laundering.
>> >>
>> >>
>>
>> But not MONEY LAUNDRY .

That was my first reaction, but some Americans appear to use that term!!!

Google of "money laundry" finds a few examples.
 Latest "Nigerian" Scam - AnotherJohnH

Google "ACCORDING TO SECTION 229 SUBSECTION 31"

Scam, scam, scam, scam...
 Latest "Nigerian" Scam - Redviper
"YOU ARE REQUIRED TO CONTACT THIS BUREAU WITHIN 72HOURS, OR YOU WILL BE ARRESTED, INTERROGATED AND PROSECUTED IN THE COURT OF LAW FOR MONEY LAUNDRY."

So come and get me then...

AS IF! they are not going to ask you to contact them with a "serious offence" they will come and get you.
 Latest "Nigerian" Scam - Chris S
I responded to a scam like this with something like "Hi. My english is very small - parlez vour francais?"

They then translated the email into French so I replied with "Votre francais est tres malade - sprechen sie deutsch?"

I then got an email in German so I responded with "Ihr Deutsch ist sehr schlecht - Sie sprechen Spanisch? "

They didn't bother responding to that one!

Latest "Nigerian" Scam - Redviper
I got one (not to my personal address a "junk" one that I have set up) after I signed up to a job web site, with a "job offer" Whereby I get money paid into my account and then I have to transfer it to another one within 24 hours and these would be my "clients"

To get the job I had to submit my bank details - I replied asking all sorts of questions pretending to be interested - with one ending this "sounds a bit dodgy I think ill report it to the police" never heard anything again - all the reply email address where .gmail ones so obvious that it was a fake
 Latest "Nigerian" Scam - Cliff Pope
>> >> >>
>>
>> Google of "money laundry" finds a few examples.
>>

I have this image of a sweatshop laundry, with a dozen brawny women with their sleeves rolled up, winding enormous mangles, racks of newly printed banknotes drying, and relays of small boys scurrying in and out with baskets of notes to hawk round dubious public houses in cobbled streets.
All in a sort of Sherlock Holmes sepia.
Latest Forum Posts