Non-motoring > Kinks on my new 22" monitor already! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Dog Replies: 7

Kinks on my new 22" monitor already! - Dog
I watched a documentary about Dave Davis, bro to Ray Davis of the Kinks last week,

I didn't think much of him tbh, and didn't finish watching the program,

My mate in Plymouth sent me this documentary on Ray Davis this morning and I thoroughly enjoyed it,

Save it for a rainy day, like today! www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b011rqt7/Imagine_201011_Ray_Davies_Imaginary_Man/

Money back if not delighted (via Amazon E.U.)
 Kinks on my new 22" monitor already! - RattleandSmoke
Might watch it, not really a fan of much 60's stuff (apart from Simon and Garfunkel) but I love the Kinks.

A lot of their stuff still sounds quite fresh almost 50 years later.
Last edited by: RattleandSmoke on Mon 18 Jul 11 at 15:21
 Kinks on my new 22" monitor already! - Mike Hannon
Ray Davies' 'X-ray, the Unauthorised Biography' is a good read.
 Kinks on my new 22" monitor already! - Dutchie
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl5hknXqXps&feature=related

One of my favorites Fats Domino.Blue Berry hill.Good song Dog.
 Kinks on my new 22" monitor already! - sherlock47
I watched the Ray Davies program when first shown, sometime ago. I stayed up to watch the David Davies program which was not a patch on the first one about his brother. There also seem to be some strange errors /omissions or perhaps re-interpretations of history?.

RD program well worth watching.
DD only if you are bored Very much the dark side of their family bonds. Maybe I was just not in the right mood?

DD in the film seemed to be still suffering from his medication for mental problems of the the 1970s?

If you just want the music try
www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b012ht1w/The_Kinks_at_the_BBC/
Last edited by: pmh on Mon 18 Jul 11 at 17:21
>>DD in the film seemed to be still suffering from his medication for mental problems of the the 1970s?<<

He's probably enjoyed too much golden throat charmer & white powder in his life, like Ozzy!
>>A lot of their stuff still sounds quite fresh almost 50 years later<<

Yes! it's stood the test of time ... I've never bought any of their stuff but I've always enjoyed their music such as waterloo sunset, Lola, sunny afternoon, you really got me, all day and all of the night, even apeman :)

They were in a different league to the likes of led zep r/stones etc., but they certainly made their mark.
 Kinks on my new 22" monitor already! - sherlock47
In the same vein of brotherly love this made interesting viewing.......
www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b007cblj/Brothers_in_Arms/

including some further Kinks material.

Latest Forum Posts