Non-motoring > Amazon Express delivery - not! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Dog Replies: 34

Amazon Express delivery - not! - Dog
I ordered a Blu-ray player from the above on Friday, usually I choose their free delivery option but, as I have a Blu-ray film here from Lovefilm, I thought I'd pay the blimming £7.50 and to take delivery yesterday,

It wasn't their 'guaranteed' Express jobby btw,

I've tracked the critter, and it's been in brum since 1.30am Saturday morning!

Didn't arrive did it! I'm annoyed that I wasted what (to me) is a bag of coal, so, what (I wonder) would happen if I refused to sign for it when it comes?
 Amazon Express delivery - not! - Phil I
They have looked at the map and seen where you live. No one in Birmingham will know how to get to you so far out in the sticks. We could run a book on when this package turns up. I go for Wednesday in the pm with phone call from driver about 15.30hrs asking for directions to your place.

Amazon Express delivery - not! - Robbie34
Amazon are excellent for returns. Go to their website and return it because it never arrived on time. I did this with a camera as it was delayed due to the carrier. No problem getting refunded.
Thanks to both ... courier co's usually 'drop' loads at Plymouth, then van delivers from there,

I'll return it then Rob, my wife says I'm cutting my nose off to spite my face, which is true,

I'll order the Blu-ray player from Dixons on-line, and get 4 'free' DVD's with it :-)
 Amazon Express delivery - not! - Clk Sec
If it was me I would certainly keep the blu-ray - assuming it arrives sometime, and then I would ask for the return of the express delivery fee.
>>and then I would ask for the return of the express delivery fee.<<

Sensible man (says wife) but, their express delivery doesn't actually guarantee express delivery,
unless you choose their guaranteed express delivery service, weird!
 Amazon Express delivery - not! - Clk Sec
So you're saying it's a sort of express delivery (sometimes), but no better than a standard delivery (other times), unless you pays a wee bit more for a pukka express delivery, and then assuming they can find you?
:)

When I proceeded to place my order, it said "want it by tomorrow?, then place the order within the next 2hrs 40 mins for express delivery", but it wasn't until I placed the order, that it said *Estimated delivery*.

Poor show though - I ordered my computer + monitor from Novatech at 4.00pm,
and it was here by 9.30 the next morning.
 Amazon Express delivery - not! - bathtub tom
Looks like it's gonna be the telly tonight then, or the pub, or SWMBO? ;>)
>>Looks like it's gonna be the telly tonight then, or the pub, or SWMBO? ;>)<<

The local pub is an Inn, when is an Inn not aninn? ... when it is a modern Inn - built 10 years ago (yuck!)

SWMBO is with The Apprentice for 2 hours tonight :(

Woss on (as they say down ere) the telly - A place in the sun (Cornwall) @ 7pm, then countryfile up your way (Beds)

Amazon Express delivery - not! - Fenlander
We live just 10mins from an Amazon distribution centre. When you click the order button there's only just time to find the front door key before they're here.
 Amazon Express delivery - not! - swiss tony
Fenlander, being pedantic, why would you need the front door key, if your at home?
 Amazon Express delivery - not! - Runfer D'Hills
Because he prefers going in and out the back?

:-)
 Amazon Express delivery - not! - Fenlander
Humph has it about right. Back door wide open here much of the year... onto the yard/drive behind the farm gate and protected by barky dog. Front door only gets opened for delivery men and folks we don't know that well so locked most of the year.
You're a back door man then, Fenderlander.

;o}
 Amazon Express delivery - not! - swiss tony
Fair game fenlander, I often lock my front door, but keep the key close (but not obvious) in case I need it in a hurry... house fire etc.
 Amazon Express delivery - not! - Fursty Ferret
Email Amazon and moan, and they refund the postage.
 Amazon Express delivery - not! - Stuartli
I've find that the Super Saver free delivery option is usually as quick as the standard delivery.

Amazon, as with one or two other online retailers, provides the blueprint for how to run such a service and backing it up with top class customer care and attention.
Last edited by: Stuartli on Sun 17 Jul 11 at 19:03
I always do use their super saver freebie but, I particularly wanted the Blu-ray for yesterday,

I'll email them, as Alf says :)
 Amazon Express delivery - not! - Stuartli
Problem more likely to be bloodymindedness on the part of the couriers - if so it's stupid in view of the current retail economic climate.....
Last edited by: VxFan on Wed 20 Jul 11 at 02:11
Wifey says Royal Mail lost their contract with Amazon for this very same reason,

These are the couriers who have my Blu-ray AND it's still in brum :-) www.dpd.co.uk/
 Amazon Express delivery - not! - Zero
ordered my camera on a Thursday, it was at my door on the monday.

Free delivery too.
 Amazon Express delivery - not! - -
Always check Amazon before buying these days, if they get within spitting distance of the price then we buy from them every time, always with free delivery option...just bought some kitchen scales literally 30 seconds ago.

Reliable and secure and if any problems they sort it out, customer service second to none.
 Amazon Express delivery - not! - R.P.
We wanted to buy something today - found it at B&Q, "invisible hand" flagged it up at £1.99 cheaper at Amazon - we're not sure whether the item will fit the purpose we have for it so the easier return to a "real" shop wins....otherwise it's Amazon everytime - even shoes...;-)
Last edited by: R.P. on Sun 17 Jul 11 at 22:30
 Amazon Express delivery - not! - lancara
Use Amazon UK here in Spain, particularly now they offer free delivery of their own items for orders over GBP25. Range of goods available and prices are far superior to local shops. Also their returns policy is first rate. Had an order for 5 items last month and they were waiting for stock on some of them, so the first courier delivery was for items costing less than a fiver - can't have been much profit there.
Last edited by: lancara on Sun 17 Jul 11 at 22:35
I'll give Dixons a go next time - www.dixons.co.uk/gbuk/index.html
 Amazon Express delivery - not! - Roger.
Dixon's seen to be quite a lot cheaper for an item than the identical one from others in their group, such as Curry's, PC World or Pixmania.
We have used them and found service and delivery to be spot on.
>>Dixon's seen to be quite a lot cheaper for an item than the identical one from others in their group<<

And Dixons is a British company - Amazon is American.
Thumbs up to the geezer with the Airbus - I emailed Amazon late last night,
they've cancelled the order as I requested, and will issue a full refund.

Amazon Express delivery - not! - Roger.
We ordered three quite expensive items from Amazon last Friday, the 15th.
There was a slight hiccup with my entering the slightly wrong debit card details - advised later on the Friday & corrected by me.
Items despatched Sunday 17th.
Received today, Monday 18th at 10:45
Free super saver delivery.
Brilliant service!.
>>Free super saver delivery.Brilliant service!.<<

That's right! that's the delivery option I usually select,

Amazon have dealt with my complaint in a commendable fashion I might add,

But all on-line retailers are at the mercy of white (and red) van man, alas.
 Amazon Express delivery - not! - R.P.
The huge majority of their transactions are excellent - they've been let down by a sub-contractor. It happened to me with them last week (package delivered to the wrong village) - wonder how long it will be before they set up their own delivery organization.
 Amazon Express delivery - not! - Zero

>> - wonder how long it will be before they set up their own delivery organization.

Given the way Amazon play the carriers off against each other - Never.

Amazon Express delivery - not! - Iffy
In one way, Amazon may have been pleased to cancel Dog's order because it enables them to send a strong message to the courier: "You have let down our customer, which has cost both of us."

I recently ordered a Roberts pillow talk speaker from Amazon for mummy - she uses it every night and the last one broke after a reasonable five years of regular use.

Mummy's in a lot more than she's out, but Royal Mail still managed to attempt delivery when she was not at home, which meant a trip to the sorting office.

Not Amazon's or Royal Mail's fault, but delivery problems are the main reason I very rarely buy online.

Amazon Express delivery - not! - -
>> Not Amazon's or Royal Mail's fault, but delivery problems are the main reason I very
>> rarely buy online.

Couldn't be a more different experience here Iffy, apart from supermarket *shopping and odds and ends we buy almost everything online...traffic, councils via parking and anti car routing and assorted ne'r do wells making town centres no go areas helps.

Fortunately we live somewhere quiet, chav free zone here, are known to most of the delivery fellows, and our goods can be left with neighbours if they don't fit in the lockable secure parcel box we have provided...no letter box in our new doors, our choice.
Very seldom do we have to rearrange delivery or collect oursleves.
In the event something went missing through theft we would just take it on the chin.

It pays to get a good relationship going with the parcel people, you get your goods pronto and they get an empty van, everyone wins.

*would have home delivery but Lidls Aldi and Morrisons don't and we take advaantage of the special offers big time.
Last edited by: gordonbennet on Mon 18 Jul 11 at 12:36
Latest Forum Posts