Non-motoring > Ring tones Miscellaneous
Thread Author: swiss tony Replies: 47

Ring tones - swiss tony
as I have just said on another thread, I have this www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-o61pUG3kU&feature=related as my ring tone.

What do you have as yours?
 Ring tones - Runfer D'Hills
Oh dear, I'm afraid I have to confess to the grumpyists camp here. I have "ring ring" on my phone. I find "amusing" ring tones about as hilarious as Mr Men socks...

Sory Tony, no offence intended, just a pet hate really.

:-)
 Ring tones - swiss tony
>> Oh dear, I'm afraid I have to confess to the grumpyists camp here. I have
>> "ring ring" on my phone. I find "amusing" ring tones about as hilarious as Mr
>> Men socks...
>>
>> Sory Tony, no offence intended, just a pet hate really.
>>
>> :-)
>>
No problem Humph... I like something different as I can't stand 6 people (including me) all pulling their 'phones out when one rings.....

Oh... what do you think about Homer Simpson socks? ;-)
Last edited by: swiss tony on Sun 17 Jul 11 at 12:26
 Ring tones - R.P.
That has become a problem....I have the bog standard ring on my iPhone...have to have a think about it.
If it's in my pocket ( top pocket before you start ) I have it on vibrate.
 Ring tones - swiss tony
Yes Humph, but that doesn't stop others pulling theirs out!
I can make mine vibrate silently.
 Ring tones - R.P.
Ooh er.
I did think about qualifying that last statement...Seems I should have.

Crickey, something must've slipped...

Last edited by: Humph D'Bout on Sun 17 Jul 11 at 12:39
 Ring tones - -
Used to have the full theme tune to The Godfather as my ring tone, haven't tranferred it over to my new ordinary phone yet.

SWM hasn't tranferred Benny Hill theme over yet either..;)

mm Hills Angels.
 Ring tones - franfran
I have the beginning of a 1930s recording of the Carlos Gardel tango "Por Una Cabeza" as my ringtone.
 Ring tones - BobbyG
I have different ringtones for

dad
swmbo
daughter
son
sister
brother
work colleagues
friend

and a ring ring for everyone else

All the tones are relevant to them however sometimes, depending on the environment, the tones can be hard to hear.

Every so often (usually when I have to reset the phone) I stay with ring ring for a while
 Ring tones - Zero
Ah ring tones!

Let me see < pulls out Iphone >

Nicole has this attached to her number www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ckgyjVkx7c

Any family member has this www.youtube.com/watch?v=glD1LKq9nug

The rest are spread with

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpIlLqfd_xI
www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7MhOGrnids
www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmUOee7fRRQ
www.youtube.com/watch?v=pekoS6N561I

and this one causes a few frowns

www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPzTGx96P6U&feature=related
 Ring tones - Old Navy
Mine has a "ring ring" that sounds like a 1950's police car. Don't people realise what a prat they look with silly ringtone tunes?
 Ring tones - Zero
At least we dont look like dour faced, tight fisted, miserable scottish gits.
 Ring tones - corax
Mine is exactly this. Can't believe the exact same sample is on YouTube.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lVxXx6YIvI

Of course it would just remind Old Navy of work.
 Ring tones - Old Navy
>> Of course it would just remind Old Navy of work.
>>

You have been watching too many movies, submarines that ping get shot at, you don't want to advertise your presence if you are doing something sneaky. :-)
Last edited by: Old Navy on Sun 17 Jul 11 at 15:39
 Ring tones - spamcan61
I recall being really impressed the first time I heard Smoke on the Water as a ringtone, mind you this was around 1994 (phone was a Nokia 2110) when a customer ringtone meant hacking phone firmware.

During most of the 2000s I found Father Jack yelling 'I'm a happy camper' fitted in well the general vibe of downsizing and depression at work; these days my HTC just uses the normal 'classic' phone ring as a ringtone.

Ring tones - Armel Coussine
>> Father Jack yelling

Yes, if I could get a ringtone that bellowed 'DHRINK! GERRULS! I might be tempted away from the discreet purr I use at the moment. But it would probably pall after a while.
 Ring tones - Dave_
>> Yes, if I could get a ringtone that bellowed 'DHRINK! GERRULS!

I edit my own ringtones down from longer samples of sounds. My message tone has been "Simples! (squeak)" since the meerkat adverts very first surfaced, whilst I update my ringtone every so often whenever something in the charts catches my ear. I find some tunes lend themselves to ringtone use more than others, though.

Being able to record a first radio play of a new Take That (for example) song from the iPlayer, edit it down to ringtone size and send it to someone who likes the band, all within an hour, has won me a few Brownie points over the years.

AC, I can easily concoct a ringtone in the above style for you :) Just need to figure out how to get it to you.
Last edited by: Dave_TDCi on Sun 17 Jul 11 at 19:12
 Ring tones - R.P.
E-mail it to one of us and we'll bounce it on
 Ring tones - Dave_
Ta, will do in a bit then :)
 Ring tones - Armel Coussine
How very kind Dave. I hope someone will explain how I put it in my highly unsophisticated three-year-old non-savvy old geezer's Nokia though. Otherwise I will have to consult nippers, and they can be dodgy if you let them touch a TV zapper for example... takes ages to make it work normally again afterwards.
 Ring tones - R.P.
I'll forward it later after the Apprentice and the doggie's walk.
 Ring tones - Dave_
>> explain how I put it in my highly unsophisticated three-year-old non-savvy old geezer's Nokia

Mine is a Nokia too. If you can connect yours to your PC, it can be sent down the USB cable. Drag'n'drop the mp3 file into a phone folder, then when playing it on the phone go into Options> Set as ringing tone.

If your phone receives emails, open the email, click on the file and download it into a folder.

If all else fails, email me (address in profile) with your mobile number and I'll send it direct in a message. I won't ever do anything else with your number if you don't with mine, promise. ;)
Last edited by: Dave_TDCi on Sun 17 Jul 11 at 22:30
 Ring tones - corax
>> You have been watching too many movies, submarines that ping get shot at, you don't
>> want to advertise your presence if you are doing something sneaky. :-)

Well, I want my phone to advertise it's presence otherwise I'd never answer it would I?

:)
>> scottish gits.

No, true, you look quite witty, erudite and mature to us. We can only gasp in awe at your sophistication as your ever so clever and poignant ring tone brings tears of uncontrollable mirth to all those within earshot. The very last thought which would pop into our conciousness is "*rs*" !

Last edited by: Humph D'Bout on Sun 17 Jul 11 at 15:48
 Ring tones - Zero
Not surprised, I think scotch persons think this is music?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDJflQfNUE8&feature=related
Last edited by: Zero on Sun 17 Jul 11 at 15:58
 Ring tones - Old Navy
>> Not surprised, I think scotch persons think this is music?

Scotch is the amber nectar that you drink.
Oh be fair ON. The English education system is well known for its limitations.
 Ring tones - Old Navy
 Ring tones - Zero
Nooooo Really?

And I wondered why they hate being called "scotch"
Last edited by: Zero on Sun 17 Jul 11 at 16:10
 Ring tones - Ted

My ' senior citizen's ' Doro has a proper telephone ring. It's good and loud, people expect you to pull a black Bakelite phone from your pocket.
I don't think you can download anything else 'cos it doesn't take pictures, brew fresh coffee or cure all the world's known diseases. Just phone and text calls.

Which is all I want, really.

Ted
 Ring tones - spamcan61
>>
>> My ' senior citizen's ' Doro has a proper telephone ring. It's good and loud,
>> people expect you to pull a black Bakelite phone from your pocket.
>>

You want one of these guv.:-

www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/cellphone/8928/
 Ring tones - Londoner
My ring tone is the Robert Palmer song "Looking for clues".

I like the irony of the opening lines of the song as my phone rings...

"It's crazy but I'm frightened
By the sound of the telephone, oh yeah"
 Ring tones - Fenlander
Sabbath.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBVhYIclP5k

Did an edit myself of 26sec to 39sec on a loop. Not heard anyone else with it so far.

Sorry but I haven't yet heard a funny ringtone I've found funny!
 Ring tones - Zero
I did have a Billy Idol "white wedding" edited to end 40 seconds (just before it went to voicemail) with the Lyric "PICK IT UP"

I am sure buzbee will hate Billy Idol.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgFh4RHgn0A
 Ring tones - Badwolf
I have the theme to 'The Flumps' as my ringtone, and the 'Manamana' tune from 'The Muppets' as my text alert.

Occasionally, my sensible head reverts them back to something more mature but it never lasts long!
 Ring tones - Bromptonaut
In the days when options were limited to what ws preloaded on the phone I used 'Scotland the Brave'. Except for Mrs B who's cries were announced by 'Ride of the Valkyries'.

These days it's this one for everybody

www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSxiqOPnW84 (Theme from Robinson Crusoe)
 Ring tones - bathtub tom
>>Scotch is the amber nectar that you drink.

My Oxford ENGLISH Dictionary: The use of Scotch to mean ‘relating to Scotland or its people’.

Although it does go on to say it's not preferred by the younger generation - 'sfunny, I never thought of you in that category. ;>)
 Ring tones - BobbyG
Oi, Humph has been down South for too long, thats his problem!
Don't you start ! Mind you, I suppose the availability of a new ring tone might make the front pages in parts of Lanarkshire. Probably count as a new kultural attractshun. "See Wully? He's goan and goat his-sel a new ring tone ! Must've been up tae Glesga fur that eh no ? Thinks he's the bees knees noo....numpty mair like !"

:-))
 Ring tones - BobbyG
Oh Humph, that comment is worse than what an ex smoker would say about smokers!

Go wash your mouth out, then throw some bleach over your keyboard to rid it of those germs that have came from your fingers!!!
Glespin. Case rests.

Ring tones - Roger.
I find it difficult to comprehend that people will actually PAY to download ringtones!
 Ring tones - Badwolf
>> I find it difficult to comprehend that people will actually PAY to download ringtones!

I don't - Zedge is a very good resource for free ringtones and wallpapers.
 Ring tones - Zero
I just steal them off Youtube and turn them into ringtones.
 Ring tones - Dave_
>> I just steal them off Youtube

Likewise. No different to taping music off the radio IMO.
Latest Forum Posts