Non-motoring > Imagination runs riot ! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Ted Replies: 3

Imagination runs riot ! - Ted

I was just lying in the bath, listening to Elgar and thinking about past times.
I recalled a bathroom related incident from when SWMBO was great with child for the first time ( 1970 ).

Our bedroom is at the back, there is the garden, a narrow field, the railway line then the side of a Victorian semi...about 100 yds away. Facing us are the kitchen and bathroom windows. I knew it was the bathroom 'cos of the soil pipe and frosted glass.

Anyway, SWM used to get up during the night a few times and one day she said when she looked out of the window, there was always someone staring out of the bathroom, with the light on. I pooh-poohed this but she kept on insisting. Occasionally I used to get up for a wazz and the light was always on......probably had kids. There was never anyone there, though.

One night she woke me to say the person was there...I looked and said I couldn't see anyone. She got annoyed with me and said 'Look again, stupid. He's stood with arms outstretched, peering out of the window......like every night '

I twigged what she was looking at and said ' Where's his body then ? '
Just a head and two outstretched arms ! She couldn't explain that to me .

Anyone guessed the outcome ?
It was a small round mirror mounted on the centre rail of the sash window !
I don't know how she imagined his arms sprouted from the sides of his head !

I didn't snigger ( out loud ) and re-assured her that all was in order.
Anyone else had a similar inciden ?.

Ted
 Imagination runs riot ! - AnotherJohnH
I thought I posted a reply to this thread, but I must have imagined it....
 Imagination runs riot ! - VxFan
It accidentally got removed during a tidy up. From what I recall, it wasn't much to write home about though.
 Imagination runs riot ! - Zero
Just imagine it was, everything sorted.
Latest Forum Posts