Non-motoring > Average salary statistics Miscellaneous
Thread Author: L'escargot Replies: 10

Average salary statistics - L'escargot
Here's some interesting information on average salaries for any young person starting to plan their future career. tinyurl.com/687gkwo
 Average salary statistics - Roger.
Now where are the stats. on pensioner's income?
 Average salary statistics - Clk Sec
>>Now where are the stats. on pensioner's income?

I don't know, but my crystal ball tells me that state retirement pensions for existing pensioners will remain amongst the lowest in the EU. Although, there may be better times ahead for those retiring in a few years time when it is likely that a 'two-tier' scheme will be introduced.
 Average salary statistics - AnotherJohnH
>> Now where are the stats. on pensioner's income?
>>
>>

ISTR seeing a stat in the Terrorflag which reckoned that 10% of pensioners had 90% of the income.

There are a lot out there with nothing more than state pension topped up by the minimum income guarantee to about £140 pw.
 Average salary statistics - RattleandSmoke
Is this mean, mode or median?

Seems on the high side to me, considering so many people work in minimum wage jobs.
 Average salary statistics - swiss tony
It doesn't take many 'footballer' type wages to distort the average upwards.....
 Average salary statistics - mikeyb
Best to work for a large firm then!

I guess the low average in small companies is swayed by shops with a few staff on minimum wage?
 Average salary statistics - Clk Sec
>> Best to work for a large firm then!

No doubt about that.
 Average salary statistics - L'escargot
>> Now where are the stats. on pensioner's income?

www.dsdni.gov.uk/retirement_pension_tables.pdf
 Average salary statistics - Old Navy
Its all relative.

tinyurl.com/6amwk78
 Average salary statistics - Mapmaker
>> Here's some interesting information on average salaries for any young person starting to plan their
>> future career. tinyurl.com/687gkwo

That is completely meaningless as it is a self-select survey. So what it states is that of the person likely to complete an online survey form, men are likely to be earning 30k, women 23k.

I think about the only reliable statistic it tells us is that men are 1.58 times more likely than women to complete their survey.

It's a site that doesn't appear (from a 10 second scan) to recruit minimum wage type employees, thus the results will be skewed higher rather than lower.
Latest Forum Posts