Non-motoring > Any collectors ? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Ted Replies: 2

Any collectors ? - Ted

I was half watching something last night about a guy who had a huge collection of memorabilia about the Chuckle Brothers. A whole room plastered with posters and full of ' stuff '.

Anyone here collect things ? I have to say I don't now. I went through the beermat phase as a young teen, but there was a frisson of danger then in nicking them from pubs.
I have a small amount of Coronation pottery in a box somewhere but I've not added to it for over 20 yrs. I used to save magazines until I realised I was never referring back to anything in them...20 odd yrs of Practical Classics went in the bin.

I suppose 4mm scale model locomotives might qualify but that's only part of a larger hobby.
I've also got about 30 mint, boxed Models of Yesteryear, but they were collected by F i L, and he died in '86.. They're just boxed up and stored ever since..

Any collecters around here ? Seashells, spoons, knickers off the local washing lines.

Funny animals, we humans !

Ted
  Any collectors ? - Bobbin Threadbare
I've got 9 years worth of Physics World magazine. If you'd asked me, say, 15 years ago, I'd have had to say my extensive collection of Lego ;-)

I also always try to get a pen from interesting places I go to.
  Any collectors ? - Cliff Pope
I hoard, I mean rescue, anything that comes my way that looks nice, interesting, or might come in handy one day. I never pay much if anything for it.

There's no particular theme, but I do like oil and watercolour paintings, old household appliances, and Volvo 240s.

Latest Forum Posts