Non-motoring > Emergency services. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Dutchie Replies: 10

Emergency services. - Dutchie
Enjoyed a program this morning about all the services Fire Police Medics and radio operaters.

People where saved in a car.horse got stuck in a swimming pool sometimes we take all these services for granted and the work they do.I salute them all.
 Emergency services. - WillDeBeest
Don't forget rescuing Mrs Miggins's cat from a tree. Firemen are famous for that - aren't they?
That reminds me WilDeBeest a few years ago .Next door cat climb in our tree and would't come down.I used the hose (gently before I'm condemmed )Cats can fly.;)

Emergency services. - Ted

20 years ago I could never have believed that my eldest daughter could go out onto a railway line with a body bag and litter picker and gather up the remains of some poor tormented soul.

She does, though, and I salute her and all the others who get involved in incidents like this and others.

Done it myself and it hardens you're attitude to things.........and gives you a weird sense of humour along the way !

Ted
You are brave Ted not easy to do.
 Emergency services. - Stuartli
>>Don't forget rescuing Mrs Miggins's cat from a tree. Firemen are famous for that - aren't they?>>

It can get a bit out of hand though:

tinyurl.com/6l75xsn
That makes this nation great Stuarti excentric.;)
 Emergency services. - Roger.
While admiring the emergency services, I must confess to a dislike of TV programs which batten on the suffering of some poor injured person to make a fast buck.
To me, it's a bit like slowing to gawp at a horrid smash on a motorway.
I also am rather unimpressed by "cop reality" programs, which seem designed to glamourise Inspector Knacker and his plods as they batter down doors. Propaganda to soften us up for the Police State?
Maybe!
Last edited by: Roger on Tue 21 Jun 11 at 20:09
To soften us up for the police state.You never know Roger there could be any kind of reason.

You will obey ;)
 Emergency services. - Cliff Pope
>> Don't forget rescuing Mrs Miggins's cat from a tree. Firemen are famous for that -
>> aren't they?
>>

Not now. Their ladders are too short and there are health and safety "issues". A tree surgeon is a better option.
 Emergency services. - Badwolf
- "Hello, Fire Brigade?"
- "Oh hello, could you help me? There's a tree stuck up my cat."
- "Um, don't you mean your cat's stuck up a tree?"
- "No, no. He slipped while climbing."

I'll get me coat...

I do enjoy these programmes, though at first I was a little worried about the 'gawping' aspect. But I'd imagine that the programme makers film the rescue, then ask the person involved if they are happy for it to appear.

What I cannot stand, though, are the programmes like "Baby Hospital" and suchlike that focus on gravely ill children. I cannot abide the fact that their struggle for life is put across for our entertainment and I cannot begin to imagine what posseses their parents to give permission for their last moments on earth to be broadcast to the nation.

And don't even get me started on "Embarrasing Bodies"...
Last edited by: Badwolf on Wed 22 Jun 11 at 10:19
Latest Forum Posts