Non-motoring > How far would they have gone Miscellaneous
Thread Author: zippy Replies: 4

How far would they have gone - zippy
This is not a go at individual police officers, most of whom, are good, honest folk, but an observation of something wrong with the system when a private security firm pulls the police force's strings and makes unpleasant things happen. If it can happen to him it can happen to you.

But perhaps I am naive!?

tinyurl.com/3jbx5l3

www.ianpuddick.co.uk/

I am not so sure that I would be as calm if my house was raided by anti terrorist police for no apparent reason!

Now where did I put my tin foil hat?
 How far would they have gone - Iffy
Mr Puddick's barrister, Michael Wolkind QC, had a bit of fun with the case in court:

Mr Wolkind said: “He wouldn’t take it lying down – unlike, sadly, his wife did for years in her relationship with Tim Haynes.”

While it's reasonable for Puddick to shame the other guy publicly, the rest of the stuff on his website looks to me like conspiracy theory loony material.

The QC has the right idea, this is a nudge-nudge, wink-wink case, nothing more.

Last edited by: Iffy on Sun 19 Jun 11 at 11:08
 How far would they have gone - zippy
Good call Iffy, but I love conspiracy theories!

How far would they have gone - Iffy
...but I love conspiracy theories!...

Nowt wrong with that so long as you don't take them too seriously, which you obviously don't.

This guy's done well, he's achieved more publicity for the affair than he could have hoped.

Most people probably sympathise with his position, and he is reunited with his wife.

Why not be content with that?

How far would they have gone - Duncan
I am regularly surprised by the lack of maturity shown by otherwise 'intelligent' people who take and keep 'explicit' photos of people with whom they are having an adulterous relationship!

I would have thought the first thing to learn was to keep ones mouth shut, which includes not photographing each other in compromising positions.

Or perhaps there is something I don't understand?
Latest Forum Posts