Non-motoring > Patience is a virtue..... Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Pat Replies: 36

Patience is a virtue..... - Pat
.......seldom in a man.

I can report that that part is entirely wrong.

We booked to go to North Wales next Saturday back in January because we felt we needed to go somewhere different on holiday.
We found a lovely Touring site and PU kindly checked it out for us and came back with a huge thumbs up.

So what is wrong with that?

I've known for the last month that I wasn't looking forward to it:(

No excitement, no enthusiasm and the feeling that I had to at least, give it a try.

We packed and washed the caravan and the CRV on Sunday all ready for our early (8.30am) start next Saturday.

Then we sat on the patio with a glass of wine and I knew I didn't want to go and leave the cats and the garden.

I asked for another glass of wine and pleaded for patience as I had something to say!

'I don't want to go up the M6 on holiday, I want to go down the M5'

I closed my eyes, silence, more silence then an almighty laugh:)

Neither do I, says Mr pda:)

We emailed them and cancelled the booking and lost the deposit but it was well worth it.

Spent all evening goggling touring sites in Cornwall with a sea view and no clubs and entertainment.

The outcome is that were booked into a farm site near Boscastle for the two weeks and both looking forward to a part of the country that we both know and love.

The cherry on the cake is that Mr pda has had another clear 6 monthly check up at Addenbrookes this morning so we know we're right to think life's too short to spend a holiday where you don't really want to be.

And he has got the patience of a saint too:)

No Wifi, so my responses will be dongling slowly, but at least we can get away at 4.30am which is the proper time to go on holiday.

I shall check my emails daily to receive my reply from car4play too:)......or not as the case may be!

Pat
 Patience is a virtue..... - Dutchie
Have a nice holiday pat.Coincedential I just had a 6 month check up by the surgeon this morning I saw him at nine.Always a bit nerve racking.

Patient I have none the missus has.;)
Fingers crossed for the next week then Dutchie.

You'll know what I mean!

Pat
 Patience is a virtue..... - R.P.
Well that will stop me having to wave at every non-local CRV I saw ! Shame really with Zero being uo we could have arranged a beer and a fight :-)
 Patience is a virtue..... - Dave_
Glad to hear of Mr pda's clear check up Pat. Enjoy your holiday, ironically enough I was just looking at campsites in north Wales!

We're going walking up there this Sunday for the day - have I got to look for a Lancer now as well as an X1??
Last edited by: Dave_TDCi on Mon 13 Jun 11 at 17:54
 Patience is a virtue..... - Zero
Good Lord

There is me travelling up the M6 to North wales next Saturday, and everyone is evacuating.

....I didn't like to mention the real reason.

Pat:)
I knew you were a wimp.
Knowing my luck I'll probably bump into mapmaker:)

Pat
Oh well, it will be raining in North Wales anyway.
 Patience is a virtue..... - Runfer D'Hills
Reckon you might stand a chance of cutting a dash up there in your Lancer Zero. I mean, they think beige Skodas are cool round those parts so you could be seen as the very glass of fashion..
Humph, I am a trend setter,

Dog now has a lancer estate, all the cool dudes are coming round to the only way.
 Patience is a virtue..... - Dog
>>Dog now has a lancer estate, all the cool dudes are coming round to the only wa<<

Nice car m8y - great to drive as well!

You'll enjoy Boscastle Pat - one of my favourite areas of Nth. Cornwall, sunsets to die for as well,
but I bet you'll be making a dash for the South coast, come the longest day ;}
 Patience is a virtue..... - Armel Coussine
>> I mean, they think beige Skodas are cool round those parts so you could be seen as the very glass of fashion..

I had been wondering where you were, Humph, but now I am inclined to ask you to go back there.

I had a very good beige Skoda whose engine I unfortunately melted. You can't get much cooler than any shabby beige car, but a shabby beige Estelle is super-cool.

Actually.
But of course AC. Couldn't argue. Quite right. Though one would have to qualify it as a a sort of "stealth" cool I suppose... A touch of the side of the nose to those who know sort of thing I guess?
 Patience is a virtue..... - Armel Coussine
Yes, stealth is an important component of true cool. Perhaps you aren't so dapper after all.

:o}
Shabby chic rears its head again. Welcome back Humph - been on your hols ?
I could tell you but you know how it is old chap...

:-)
Yes but to be stealth, it has to be something it does not appear to be,

Nothing stealthy about a bag of poo in poo clothing. Unless of course its in your face poo.
 Patience is a virtue..... - Stuartli
>>Patience is a virtue.>>

That's exactly what she kept telling me.....
 Patience is a virtue..... - MD
Give a wave to north Devon as you Pootle past Pat. Best to the 'Guvnor' too..............runs for cover..............
 Patience is a virtue..... - Dave_
>> you can't get much cooler than any shabby beige car

My first car was a rusty, smoky V reg Allegro3 1.1, in a colour best described as "hearing aid". That was as cool as I ever got.
Don't start that beige thing again !!!
I saw a new-ish Panda in a dark metallic beige last week. Not, you might imagine anyway, an immediately attractive combination at many levels but strangely, it looked quite good.

Bit of a worry really.
 Patience is a virtue..... - Londoner
Enjoy your holiday Pat, and congratulations to Mr pda on another all clear.

Non of my business, but I reckon you must have a fundamentally sound relationship when you can be as honest with each other as you were about the holiday.

Us blokes are not as insensitive as some of you ladies like to make out, either - I wouldn't be at all surprised if your other half had already gotten an inkling of what was on your mind.
He knew something wasn't right and to be fair, he was suffering from a lack of enthusiasm too, Londoner.

3.30 midsummer morning we will be on Bodmin again Dog, it was magic last year!

We'll give you a wave Martin on the way past and might need some advice as to which way to point the TV Aerial for the MotoGP from Assen on the following Saturday!

We've never been based opn the North coast before and it will make a nice change to explore it, but there will be at least one trip to Looe.

Pat
>>3.30 midsummer morning we will be on Bodmin again Dog, it was magic last year!<<

3.30 is it, good grief! and I thought the Crimson (King) sky at 4.30 was early enough (Shepherds warning)

Where abouts do you go to on Bodmin Moor, Minions is magic!.

Hope the wev is OK!!

Hows about this for a walk then ~

www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/activityandadventure/walkingholidays/8448391/Kenidjack-coast-Cornwall-walk-of-the-week.html
We watched the sunrise here last year Dog

www.historic-cornwall.org.uk/a2m/bronze_age/stone_circle/duloe/duloe.htm

There was no-one else there at all and it was perfect but we then went up to The Hurlers and I think it will be back there this year.

That walk sounds good but a bit hard on the knees, I think!

Pat
>>We watched the sunrise here last year Dog<<

Nice, a new one to me.

On that same page Pat, is Stannon circle which is quite big (for Cornwall) and it's nearer to Boscastle than The Hurlers ... ere, I know you know your Cornwall m8, but I bet you've never been to Helman Tor?

>>That walk sounds good but a bit hard on the knees, I think!<<

Yeah, like my sister (64) she's 'got knees' as well, did St. Ives to Zennor a couple of years back!!

I like the looks of Helman Tor and had never heard of it.

Thanks Dog, I shall print this off and take it with me.

www.earthwords.fsnet.co.uk/Rocking.pdf

Pat
>>Thanks Dog, I shall print this off and take it with me.

www.earthwords.fsnet.co.uk/Rocking.pdf<<

Wow!

Patience is a virtue..... - bathtub tom
>> Don't start that beige thing again !!!

My first car (with 4 wheels) was a beige A35.
Weather in wales next week.

I dont have any confidence in this site for weather prediction

Wind 301MPH? Nah not even in wales.

www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/dayforecast.asp?zipcode=ll49&day=6
>>Weather in wales next week<<

It's easier to predict the winner of the 3.30 at Kempton this Thursday IMO,

but 301MPH wind speed is a little pessimistic (even for Wales!)

Last edited by: Dog on Wed 15 Jun 11 at 14:49

>> It's easier to predict the winner of the 3.30 at Kempton this Thursday IMO,

Yeah that's going to be really tough.

There is no race at Kempton this thursday.
>>Yeah that's going to be really tough.

There is no race at Kempton this thursday<<

‹(•¿•)›
 Patience is a virtue..... - captain chaos
They can't predict the weather in Wales next week
Yet they can predict the temperature in 100 years time
And we believe it because they're scientists
Aye, reet.
Latest Forum Posts