Non-motoring > Tunesia. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Dutchie Replies: 5

Tunesia. - Dutchie
Hi all.

Have been back for a few days after two weeks in Tunesia.First time visit good food in the hotel and friendly people.The country felt safe and they are having elections in october,they seem to be moving the election dates on a regular basis and speaking to a Tunesian there are 47 candidates.The aircraft landed on a brandnew airport and first inpressions where fine.The Italians and the French where in charge here for a lot of years and most Tunesians speak reasonable French.We saw one protest in Sousse basically about wages which are very poor.A waiter earns about £200 a month so they rely on tips from the tourist.They do hassle you to get into the shops which can be offputting but you get used to this after a few days.There where Lybians in our hotel which was about 400k from the Lybian border.Gadafi is not liked by the people who have a education and a Lybian doctor told me there has been a brain drain for years from Lybia to get away from this who they call a Bedouin idiot who rambles on and has looked after his own tribe for years.We will go back again and we have met some nice people Dutch French German etc.Also we where invited to have dinner with a Tunesian family and we had a very nice meal sweet tea plenty of fruit and hospitality.These people deserve better and lets hope they get it .

Nice to be back home.
 Tunesia. - Pat
Nice to see you back again and had a good holiday Dutchie.

We missed you:)

Pat
 Tunesia. - Dutchie
Missed you to Pat :)
 Tunesia. - Zero
Awwwwwww

A love fest.
 Tunesia. - Dutchie
Hello Zero.

Hows things like i said nice holiday plenty of sun and we spend to much as ususual.

We are off to Poland in september Poznan looking forward seeing the son in law parents again the only problem is the wodka they like a drink the Poles.So do I:)
 Tunesia. - FocalPoint
We're likely to be in Warsaw (Warszawa) ourselves visiting SWMBO's cousin in September; dates not yet fixed, though.

Had hoped to do walking in the Tatra Mountains this year with her sister and brother-in-law, but couldn't make it happen!
Latest Forum Posts