Non-motoring > Ebay Mania Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Robin O'Reliant Replies: 11

Ebay Mania - Robin O'Reliant
What on earth do I want with a 1983 Subbuteo set, even if it is described as complete and mint condition?

Still, I got it for £11.49 and it's bound to increase in value. I didn't buy it to play with, honest to God, I'm way too old for that sort of thing.

I'd better test it a few times when it comes though. Just to see, like. My neighbour, who also used to have one back in the sixties has kindly offered to help with that. We won't enjoy it though, just to make sure it works.

It's an investment really.

Honest, it is.
 Ebay Mania - BobbyG
I have a few old complete Subbuteo teams that will be going on ebay soon!
 Ebay Mania - Ted

I am the proud owner of a Chinese fighter pilot's helmet. Courtesy of EBay !

Never worn it on the bike.......moment of madness !

Ted
 Ebay Mania - R.P.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCIp7eo4MvY

nuff said ?
 Ebay Mania - R.P.
ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ɹǝʌǝu
 Ebay Mania - Roger.
We bought all our lounge & dining room furniture for our new house on eBay.
Good quality solid wood Ercol, for a fraction of its price new, and all in excellent order.
Love eBay!
 Ebay Mania - Slidingpillar
I've a clock allegedly from a MIG fighter. Rather nice but oddly heavy for an aircraft item. Was going to put it in the three wheeler, but now have a nice period Smiths car clock which I bought from a real auction.
 Ebay Mania - VxFan
Whilst clearing out the loft in the garage I stumbled on some of my old toys. In amongst some of them I found 3 Nintendo Donkey Kongs (DK-52) that came out in 1982. Chucked 2 out, but kept the 3rd one back that was still in its box and packaging to take to work as a joke for someone who's always playing games on his phone. Joke is on me however, they're selling on ebay for £20 to £40. Wish now I'd kept the other 2 instead of taking to the tip.

Also found a Nintendo Squish (MG-61). They're going for even more money.

I wonder if the various car radios I also found up there would have been worth anything to old car restorers?
 Ebay Mania - Crankcase
Picked up an advertising pamphlet for a Dursley Pederson bicycle dated about 1910. Cost me ten pence in a booksale.

I had no idea what it was so chucked it on the bay at a start of what I thought was a cheeky 99p. It went for £189 and got me started in the bookselling game.

Few things have come close to that one since. Some have gone for more, but cost more up front, although there is a regular £300 sale price book you can pick up for under a tenner about twice a year, if you are lucky...:)

Ebay Mania - nyx2k
i saw someone chuck out some dinghy sails a few weeks ago and i asked him if i could have them to use in the garden as a sun shade.
they were to big so i put them on ebay as they seemed in pretty good condition. i got £275 for them.. i was astounded
 Ebay Mania - Crankcase
Ooh. I have an unused set of sails sitting about. Hmm.
 Ebay Mania - henry k
That gives me some hope of some ££s for stuff I want rid of.
I wonder what the postage would be on 36" Stilsons ?
Latest Forum Posts