Non-motoring > anyone used Visaprint? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: nyx2k Replies: 18

anyone used Visaprint? - nyx2k
i need a fair amount of business cards and stationary printed and i was wondering if anyone knows of the reliability and quality of vistaprint. looks easy to design what you need
 anyone used Visaprint? - Ted

I had a tentative look yesterday. I tried to download a small picture I use on my billheads but it filled the card space and I couldn't see a way of reducing it.

I gave up 'cos me tea was reasy but I'll try again. I don't need a lot, I just find them handy to give someone who wants my email/phone/mobile/address details.

Ted
 anyone used Visaprint? - Pat
Try these

www.123print.co.uk/

I found it very easy to design my own stuff with bthem and their service and quality is good.

If I can do it, I'm sure you two can:)

Pat
 anyone used Visaprint? - Hard Cheese

Vistaprint are great for printing though self design is no match for a good designer.

If you need cards to promote a business then it is worth investing in design to establish a professional image and recognisable trading style.

anyone used Visaprint? - Mapmaker
Vistaprint are famously expensive compared to their competitors on the 'net. Certainly were when I once checked.
 anyone used Visaprint? - RattleandSmoke
I use a firm in Hyde, design2print never had a problem with them. Vistaprint is aimed at the novice or personal user really.
i did a graphic design course at college many yrs ago so getting the design right isnt a worry , i'll have a mess aboout later and see what i can do and price up matching sets. it may be worth giving them a call and see if they'll do a deal on the prices.
 anyone used Visaprint? - Crankcase
Used Vistaprint once, and they were ok - except they NEVER leave you alone afterwards. Constant emails, which obviously you can junk, but nonetheless.
 anyone used Visaprint? - Duncan
>> Vistaprint are famously expensive compared to their competitors on the 'net.
>>

I have used Vistaprint a couple of times for personal cards. They do - or did - offer a free service, all you pay is the postage.

You have to be careful when compiling the order. Make sure the various extra charge boxes are not checked. They have various styles and layouts to choose from.

I find them useful for giving out when people want your email address.
The problem with the free service is that the business cards have Vistaprint printed on the back of them, telling the world you are a cheapskate.

The link I posted above are far better and cheaper.

Pat
>> The problem with the free service is that the business cards have Vistaprint printed on
>> the back of them, telling the world you are a cheapskate.
>>

I think the world has a pretty fair idea that I am a cheapskate....
Well, it's not the impression I want to give for my business.

How can I charge a mid range price in a very competitive market by showing I can't afford to pay for printing?

I do have standards, you know:)

Pat
>> Well, it's not the impression I want to give for my business.
>>
>>

I don't use them for business.

I find them very convenient for giving acquaintances one's personal details, specifically things like email addresses. Otherwise mistakes can so easily occur.

anyone used Visaprint? - RattleandSmoke
It is fine for personal use, but as Pat said not a very good idea for business use.
 anyone used Visaprint? - borasport
Well I have some vistaprint cards, they were a reasonable price for what I wanted and they don't have vistaprints logo on the back and there was never any suggestion they would have. Nor have they bothered me much since, but it probably pays to pay attention to what boxes you tick regarding personal details and mailing lists.

What was really, really irritating was that you start with some low price offer voucher (there seems to be one in every parcel from Amazon these days), and as you go through the design/order processs you constantly have to de-select expensive add-ons and it makes the order process quite tiresome.
I did email them and tell them that, which may be why they don't bother mew much :-)
 anyone used Visaprint? - smokie
Got some of their business cards recently, paid a bit extra for having their stuff removed from the back. They are OK for what I paid. ISTR getting a quote, then not doing anything, then they came along with a better offer in a week or so.
ive ordered 1000 business cards
2000 flyers
4 t-shirts with new logo i designed
2 large van magnets
large banner and a few more bits of stationary all matching designs and all with logo etc and it came to £260. ouch, so i phoned them and asked what discount they could do. they said theyd call back in 10 mins and sort it out.

when they called back they said they would do the whole order inc delivery for £50. big discount and they would give me it all in 7 days. pretty impressed so will see what the quality is like when it arrives.
 anyone used Visaprint? - Ted

I had a go on Pat's link last night. I quite enjoy doing graphics and stuff.
It was very straightforward, I downloaded the small picture I use on my billheads for my part-time job and then sorted the words and numbers out.

It was a bit restricted on the number and variety of fonts but, nodoubt, that can be got round with a little more research. I got everything in place then checked my spellings 2 or 3 times. It's amazing that something obvious can elude you.

Only needed a couple of hundred cards so did all the choices and went to ' pay now ' Got all my debit card details in, clicked ' pay ' and the 'Halifax secure ' window came up asking for my password. Looked in my little book and entered it.......got knocked back...try again !
Put it in again...no good. Clicked on 'Tell the numptie his password ' and lost all me design !

Not the printer's fault.....it must be that if you haven't used Halifax secure for a while they want a password change I'll do it all again over the weekend and use a different card rather than my Hafilax one.

Went to bed in grumbly mode !

Ted
 anyone used Visaprint? - MD
GOODPRINT worked for me. Excellent and when I cuffed it up they sorted it. 10/10
Latest Forum Posts