Non-motoring > 4car4play cat lovers Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Dog Replies: 38

4car4play cat lovers - Dog
This is for all you mis-guided folk that don't use Bing as their default browser.

If you hover your rodent over the page, 2 boxes will pop up with kitty related items.

I seem to recall a cat-luving 'lady' lorry driver on this forum, whose name ends in at and rhymes with Cat :)

www.bing.com/
 4car4play cat lovers - Pat
Thanks for that:)

I would have each and every one of them if I could!

Pat
 4car4play cat lovers - Zero
>> Thanks for that:)
>>
>> I would have each and every one of them if I could!

Your such a pig, I couldn't eat all of them.
Zero, for me you will never have the attributes and attraction of even an alley cat:)

Pat
 4car4play cat lovers - Focusless
>> Zero, for me you will never have the attributes and attraction of even an alley
>> cat:)

I have this image... www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFZc3gyBEOA
 4car4play cat lovers - Iffy
Top Cat was witty, informed, streetwise, a natural leader...

...nothing like Zero.

He had friends tho, so he was nothing like Iffy...
I've found out who my friends are over the years.

Well its not many to count now is it so it should be easy.
...Well its not many to count now is it so it should be easy...

Typical ill-informed guesswork on your part.

But strangely accurate in this case.

Anyone who thinks they have lots of friends - people who would really stand by them in a bind - is kidding themselves.

>> Typical ill-informed guesswork on your part.
>>
>> But strangely accurate in this case.

Make your mind up.
 4car4play cat lovers - BiggerBadderDave
"I've found out who my friends are over the years"

Captain Peacock, Mrs Slocombe, Miss Brahms...
...Captain Peacock, Mrs Slocombe, Miss Brahms...

You're right - Mr Bannister turned out to be a disappointment.

>> ...Captain Peacock, Mrs Slocombe, Miss Brahms...
>>
>> You're right - Mr Bannister turned out to be a disappointment.

Its worse than that, he's dead Jim.

( I assume you mean Trevor Bannister who played Mr Lucas)
...Its worse than that, he's dead Jim...

Aren't they all?

No, Captain Peacock is still alive.
 4car4play cat lovers - Ted

- Mr Bannister turned out to be a disappointment.
>>
>>
>> I saw him on the stairs once !

Ted
>> Zero, for me you will never have the attributes and attraction of even an alley
>> cat:)
>>
>> Pat

Pat, have no fears, I have no intention of coming anywhere near you to mark my territory ;)
Last edited by: Zero on Thu 26 May 11 at 11:00
 4car4play cat lovers - CGNorwich
Seems to be a couple of tom cats squaring up for a fight. I'll get a bucket of water....

No need CG, a swift kick up the jacksie will see him on his way!

Pat
Not from you it wont dearheart,
 4car4play cat lovers - helicopter
BBD said...

I've found out who my friends are over the years"

Captain Peacock, Mrs Slocombe, Miss Brahms...

I assume that in the spirit of this cat lovers thread , that you were intimately acquainted with Mrs Slocombes pussy Dave.......
 4car4play cat lovers - BiggerBadderDave
"Mrs Slocombes pussy"

I was going to mention her pussy but couldn't think of a way to slip it in.

I toyed with it for a while, then gave up.
 4car4play cat lovers - madf
"I was going to mention her pussy but couldn't think of a way to slip it in. "

Hmm.. Missed sex lessons at school?

4car4play cat lovers - crocks
>> Seems to be a couple of tom cats squaring up for a fight.

And it is a dog that is causing all this fuss. ;-)
 4car4play cat lovers - RattleandSmoke
Not been a great year for me cat wise, one of hour cats has been missing for months so no chance he will show up now, the other one is still ill and the vet has now suggested he probably needs to be on antibiotics on a permanent basis.

Probably found a home with richer people and faster cars...
 4car4play cat lovers - madf
being Manchester, it is more likely the missing cat ended up in a takeaway.. labelled as chicken or pork....
Last edited by: madf on Thu 26 May 11 at 17:26
It's not been a good day for me and cats either Rattle.

It's been a day of lambing storms all day here and it always makes the cats mischievous.

Ginger wandered in with a dead grey Squirrel in his mouth and promptly ate it.

The little fluffy one has been stalking little froglets in the wet grass all day.

Gus, the Siamese has been determined to catch a pigeon.

Meanwhile the Mole has been busy digging up my bedding plants and of course, they have ignored him.

Pat
hehe, Rodney is always very very well behaved, he is very human really. I think his illness has made him partly like that. Thomas would often get up to know good when he was younger, even when he was 18 he would do things like climb in the fridge the second it was opened. I miss him.

One thing I have noticed is he doesn't too much going in the Panda, but in the Fiesta he has panic attacks. Very strange.

When Rodney goes I don't think we will get another one, they are just too expensive when they become ill. Thankfully the vet we used is well aware of that and tries to avoid tests and X rays unless its really needed. The last bill was £73 for two injections, some mucus thinner and a months supply of anti biotic. Can't argue with that.

The problem is this vet is four miles away but it is a lot better than the local ones who are known to rip off merchants.
>>When Rodney goes I don't think we will get another one, they are just too expensive when they become ill<<

Is that always thus I wonder? I was recently checking out the health conditions that can affect all the various breeds of dog and it seems that while some breeds come with a whole host of 'possible' conditions that may (or may not) affect them, other breeds like (for instance) the Irish terrier are less-likely to require visits to the small animal doc.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dog_breeds
 4car4play cat lovers - CGNorwich
When our previous cat died 10 years ago I missed it and got another. The animal is the most unaffectionate and indeed aggressive cat I have ever had. It regularly bites me and visitors to the house. I reckon so far it has cost me £1500 in food, £1,000 in vets bills, mainly vaccinations, and £2,000 in cattery fees when we go away on holiday. I guess I have always believed that if you elect to own an animal you should look after it .

Last time I took i to the vets I was told that it was losing weight and the vet suggested a series of (expensive) tests. I declined the tests and must admit I feel a bit guilty. What do you think?
>> Is that always thus I wonder? I was recently checking out the health conditions that
>> can affect all the various breeds of dog and it seems that while some breeds
>> come with a whole host of 'possible' conditions that may (or may not) affect them,
>> other breeds like (for instance) the Irish terrier are less-likely to require visits to the
>> small animal doc.

It all depends on the breeder and how fussy you are. Avoid show breeds and show breeders (for example breeders are now propducing deeply affected German Shepherds) and go for breeders that breed working dogs for trial, they are always robust and healthy.

But best of all - get a mongrel. Healthy as a butchers dog.
>>But best of all - get a mongrel. Healthy as a butchers dog<<

Aye! I'll go along with that one - from previous experience.
 4car4play cat lovers - Armel Coussine

>> The problem is this vet is four miles away but it is a lot better than the local ones who are known to rip off merchants.

What do they do Sheikha? Book your cat in for collagen implants or just kill it, apologize briskly and sell the skin to a West End furrier?

One of my daughters had a big black, white and tabby tomcat called Kevin Keegan. He had been the runt of the litter but just growed and growed. Nice animal too.

When I took him down to the posh vet off Holland Park Avenue I was surprised to be addressed as 'Mr Keegan' by the vet. I may be slightly mixed ethnically but I didn't think my tabby side was apparent.

Keegan never forgave me for taking him down to be cropped though. I felt a bit guilty myself to tell the truth.
The ones we have used in the past just do £800 worth of tests and then say he has to be put down. A lot of people have said the same too, I use one in a cheaper area and a lot of my neighbours use them too.

4car4play cat lovers - Ted
the other one is
>> still ill and the vet has now suggested he probably needs to be on antibiotics
>> on a permanent basis.
>>
>> A sack, 2 bricks and a trip down to the Mersey should sort that out, Ratchet.

Ted
>>
 4car4play cat lovers - bathtub tom
We had a rescue cat which my daughters insisted on calling Lucky.

After it got hit by a car we had to take the bloodied, mangled mess in a cardboard box to the vet. "What's it's name"? They asked. "They usually are" they replied when we told them.

It eventually lived to sixteen.

Edit. Swear filter doesn't like gory words.
Last edited by: bathtub tom {p} on Thu 26 May 11 at 23:40
When we took Dennis to vets after being ran over, they just put him to sleep :( That was back in 1993, I like to think modern vet medicine and surgery has improved since then.

The replacement car Thomas, the one which went missing this year lived to 18. Does upset me not knowing what happened to him.
Latest Forum Posts