Non-motoring > spray-on car cleaning Miscellaneous
Thread Author: devonite Replies: 9

spray-on car cleaning - devonite
Just seen some stuff advertised on TV that nearly made my hair stand up in horror!

Spray-on stuff that you spray on a dry car then wipe off and buff! to leave a "wet look" shine.

Me thinks this is just wrong diddly wrong! - would you ever dare use it?
 spray-on car cleaning - Iffy
I think the stuff you refer to is a detailer's spray.

It goes under a few different brand names, one of which is Greased Lightning Showroom Shine.

Much discussion in various car forums.

Some people swear by it, some swear at it:

www.civinfo.com/forum/cleaning/31810-grease-lightning-showroom-shine.html

Google 'Greased Lightning' for more info.
 spray-on car cleaning - DP
My neighbour uses it on his 12 month old 120d Coupe. Certainly seems to do the trick, but just rings far too many "wrong!" alarms in my head.
just got back from town, where i picked up a bottle of the above "stuff" - well I suppose I can`t criticise the stuff without trying it! - I`ve given it the neibough, he seemed pleased!
 spray-on car cleaning - corax
>> just got back from town, where i picked up a bottle of the above "stuff"
>> - well I suppose I can`t criticise the stuff without trying it! - I`ve given
>> it the neibough, he seemed pleased!

It's called Stuff is it?
 spray-on car cleaning - Manatee
This is cheaper than Greased Lightning but seems to be the same idea.

I haven't tried it for the same reasons as everybody else.

goo.gl/EkphI (Miracle Drywash).

Reading the Torygraph's prognostication at the weekend that car washing might be banned, I've been wondering who I can persuade to try it.

Devonite, will you be reporting on the shine of your neighbour's car?
 spray-on car cleaning - Stuartli
It's often hard enough to soak caked on mud to loosen it enough before washing without attempting it with a squirt from a bottle and cleaning a car...,:-)

There's one channel (Pitch TV?) that has Tiff Nedall vouching for a similar product which was seen by my best mate. He couldn't understand why I was so highly dubious about such a method.
Last edited by: Stuartli on Tue 24 May 11 at 00:04
Thats exactly why I gave him it! - as soon as he uses it I will either hear anguished howls or forever be in his debt, as he uses it on his mower, wheelbarrow, gates, manholecovers or anything else of painted metal existence. He`s very houseproud you know, he might even let his boyfriend try it on his things! Either way I will report back, but I won`t dare watch him do it!
Not sure about naming or shaming/praisng but it`s that JML "stuff"
well he used it this morning! - must admit his car looks good from a distance, but closer up I may see the scratches more clearly! so I`ll remain sceptical.
Must chuckle a touch at the irony of using a water -free car cleaner, as it`s raining now!
 spray-on car cleaning - Iffy
Should anyone be thinking of giving this stuff a go, a smaller 'try me' bottle is available for £5.95 from here:

www.netparts.co.uk/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=26&products_id=56

Latest Forum Posts