Non-motoring > Andriod phone email application? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Hard Cheese Replies: 7

Andriod phone email application? - Hard Cheese

Upon leaving my employer recently I was able to purchase my Sony Ericsson Xperia X10i Andriod phone for a nominal sum.

I have been accessing email via Moxier Mail though that is an Microsoft Exchange application.

Can anyone recommend an Android email application that I can use to access my (Plusnet) email via POP3 or IMAP settings?

Thanks.
 Andriod phone email application? - rtj70
If you don't like the inbuilt applications then check out K9 Email. Not sure if K9 does IMAP. Silly icon though... K9 the robot dog from Dr Who.

Inbuilt applications? Googlemail requires you to sign into Google and Moxier mail is Exchange only.

I have heard of K9, have you used it rtj?

Well my Android phone came with an email application besides Googlemail. But it could be slow loading mail at times so I tried out K9. And still use it. But changed the icon on the phone to something more acceptable to me.

Thanks, how do you change the icon?

I don't use the provided Samsung Galaxy S launcher. But seconds to swap back.

The Samsung one is good and iPhone like but there is more scope to customise. I currently use the ADW Launcher. It is possible to even get 5 rows x 5 columns of icons....
>>Well my Android phone came with an email application besides Googlemail>>

Actually so does mine, found it and it works fine, thanks.

Last edited by: Cheddar on Sat 23 Apr 11 at 22:38
I thought it was a standard Android app. But K9 is better. For my email account anyway. Obviously have to have a Google mail account too.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Sat 23 Apr 11 at 22:47
Latest Forum Posts