Non-motoring > Good use of cameras Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Pat Replies: 10

Good use of cameras - Pat
tinyurl.com/3dn7ycf

It's nice to see this problem being tackled at last.

Pat
 Good use of cameras - sherlock47
I have always said that that fake cameras - with a battery and flashing red led in the trees above potential dump areas would be a cost effective solution.

Just 1 in 50 as an active camera would get dumpers thinking. On second thoughts, are they genetically capable of thought?

;)
 Good use of cameras - Pat
Not in the Fen, they drive plain white Transit trucks and have a bit of tarmac in the back.

Pat
 Good use of cameras - Focusless
It's great that these people have been caught, but why are they paying a £15 'victim surcharge'? Does that go directly to the 'victim' ie. the Council?
 Good use of cameras - Dulwich Estate
I'm worried now. What if I need to use a lay-by for a call of nature? Is it illegal?
 Good use of cameras - FocalPoint
"What if I need to use a lay-by for a call of nature? Is it illegal?"

Research suggests that there is still in force a law which states that a male may urinate in public as long as he directs his stream against the rear wheel of his vehicel and keeps one hand on the vehicle. Is this really true?

I have always believed that urinating in public is generally not an offence in itself, unless one thereby exposes oneself to the public. (I was going to say "member of the public", but thought better of it). However, I understand there may be byelaws in some areas that specifically forbid it.
 Good use of cameras - Iffy
..."What if I need to use a lay-by for a call of nature? Is it illegal?"...

That is an interesting one.

Some towns and cities have a specific bye-law to banning having a pee in public.

It is more complicated where no bye-law exists.

Outraging public decency or behaviour likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress - public order act offences - are the most likely.

Another possibility is criminal damage - if your pee damages someone's property.

Conversely, it is legal to pee on private land in many circumstances.

Obviously it's legal to pee in your toilet, and it would be if you had an outside lavatory.

Thus you could claim it's legal to pee out of sight - behind a farmer's hedge, for example.

The only certain way to avoid official sanction is to pee unobserved.

Good use of cameras - Manatee
>>
>> The only certain way to avoid official sanction is to pee unobserved.
>>
>>
>>

I notice you have swerved round the question of illegal dumping ;-)
 Good use of cameras - Clk Sec
>> I notice you have swerved round the question of illegal dumping ;-)

Not at breakfast time, please.
:-)
 Good use of cameras - Perky Penguin
Thursday, 8 March 2007, 16:20 GMT

All fines for criminal offences will carry an additional "victims surcharge" of £15, the Home Office has announced.

The levy will be added on top of every fine handed out in court for a criminal offence from 1 April.

It will be paid into a fund aimed at helping improve services for victims of crime, and will be fixed at a flat rate regardless of the size of the fine.

However, they will not apply to fixed penalty notices after earlier plans provoked an outcry from motorists.
 Good use of cameras - Focusless
Thanks PP.
Latest Forum Posts