Non-motoring > Things you wish you hadn't done... Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Runfer D'Hills Replies: 0

Things you wish you hadn't done... - Runfer D'Hills
I swim most nights. Local leisure club owned by the Scottish Dragon. Went tonight, usual routine, 50 lengths front crawl or to put it another way, 1000m. Job done.

Anyway, the next phase on autopilot involves a quick shower on the way back to my locker. Tonight though I must have been distracted and forgot to shower. Having stripped off I remembered that I needed a rinse off. Changing room empty so bunged swimming shorts, goggles and earplugs into locker, re-locked it and trotted back starkers to showers. Returned to locker to find lock jammed absolutely will not turn...Not a stitch on, dripping wet, no towel and armed only with a small locker key.

Still no one else in changing room which is air conditioned and starting to feel shrinkingly cold...

OK, let's examine our options... Return to shower in the hope that someone else comes in who might fetch help? Club quiet though as near closing time. Return to pool and ask shifty looking fat bloke in the jacuzzi to help? Hmm, that would involve walking round half the pool naked to speak to him and pretty sure there were a couple of ladies in the sauna to navigate past...OK, tough it out and go through to reception to ask for assistance? Again, this would involve about a fifty foot corridor and going through the cafe / lounge. Not good.

Really cold now. Start jogging on the spot to keep warm. Catch sight of self jumping up and down starkers in changing room mirror. Not good...

Finally a male cleaner comes in. Young fellow, not British, command of english limited. Can't make him understand predicament other than with sign language. He starts to look quite nervous. Anyway, after a while he gets the drift and tries key. For some reason it works first time for him...

Get dried / dressed and leave through reception. Young fellow whispering something to receptionist and nods concernedly towards me. I bid them a cheery goodnight and make a swift exit...
Last edited by: Humph D'Bout on Thu 21 Apr 11 at 23:08
Latest Forum Posts