Non-motoring > Recommend a campsite in Southern England please Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Soupytwist Replies: 7

Recommend a campsite in Southern England please - Soupytwist
Thinking of as far west as New Forest and as far east as the South Downs/Brighton and all points in between. Somewhere like Hayling Island might be good. There's two families of four in tents - two adults and 2 children under 10 in each. One lot travelling from South Wales, the other from Essex.

Thanks
 Recommend a campsite in Southern England please - Bromptonaut
The forestry commission sites in the New Forest are pretty good. Homesley is good for the western end of the forest and has direct access to cycling and walking routes. It tends to fill up with families commuting to the Bournemouth area's beaches and can get noisy.

Roundhill is more secluded and lacks electric hook ups but shouild be quiet and good for observing nature etc.

Beware the smaller sites wich lack sanitation - only realyy suitable for caravans.
 Recommend a campsite in Southern England please - nyx2k
lakeside in chichester is a nice park when you have kids. about 6 miles from the coast though
 Recommend a campsite in Southern England please - Zero
Spent a bank holiday camping at Roundhill in the new forest with friends last year. Wouldn't call it secluded, but yes its good for wildlife, the ponies and foals wandered through our pitch.

Recommend a campsite in Southern England please - Alanovich
If you're not bovvered about being near the coast, then take a look here:

www.wellington-country-park.co.uk/
 Recommend a campsite in Southern England please - Duncan

www.leevalleypark.com/
 Recommend a campsite in Southern England please - Bromptonaut
Returned last night from 3 days at Roundhill. Secluded wasn't quite the right word but much quieter than Holmesley. Few caravans, the vast majority of the occupants were in tents. Most families with young children.

Clearly the overweight caravan/podgy pick-up and matching occupants seen at Holmesley cannot live away from mains hook ups!!

Couple of good bike rides including 30 miles to Fritham and back. Care needed map reading round Rufus Stone - too easy to end up on the A31. Walking round Wilverley yesterday when B junior almost trod on an Adder. Almost invisible until it moved when his sister shouted snake - just saw it's back end dissapear under a bush.
 Recommend a campsite in Southern England please - spamcan61

>>
>> Walking round
>> Wilverley yesterday when B junior almost trod on an Adder. Almost invisible until it
>> moved when his sister shouted snake - just saw it's back end dissapear under a bush.
>>
I spent most of my childhood holidays wandering round the New Forest and I've lived in the area for 10 yrs+ now and in all that time I've only briefly glimpsed 2 adders, it's quite 'lucky' to see one.
Latest Forum Posts