Non-motoring > Bad judgment? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Iffy Replies: 19

Bad judgment? - Iffy
Some of you may recall the case of Judge Beatrice Bolton and her out-of-control dog.

I see there are allegations the damn thing has now bitten the postman.

About a year ago Judge Bolton was told by a colleague to rid herself of the dog before it ruined her career.

It would seem she has a blind spot where it's concerned.

Other pet owners might sympathise with that, but there surely comes a time when the interests of the owner have to come before those of the animal.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-13127497
 Bad judgment? - CGNorwich
Too many uncontrolled dogs in this country. Too many daft people who think everyone else should put up with their dangerous animals.
 Bad judgment? - Zero
Its not hard to train a dog not to bite. All its needs is some patience and some understanding.

mm reading about Ms Beatrice Bolton, you can see why she cant train a dog not to bite.
 Bad judgment? - CGNorwich
'Its not hard to train a dog not to bite. All its needs is some patience and some understanding. "

I totally agree. However I would say that most dogs have no training whatoseover
 Bad judgment? - R.P.
I got bitten on my Census round the other day...more injury to pride than finger. The accursed thing didn't bark when i knocked so my guard was down when i pushed the reminder card through the letter box. More irritating was breaking open the X1's first aid kit to find they hadn't included plasters and antiseptic wipes in an otherwise very comprehensive kit. Was sent to casualty to have it seen to - Anti Tetanus and antibiotics (!)........anyway going back there tomorrow with a bigger stick. Was minded to report it to the cops but evidentialy weak as I couldn't identify the offending canine,,,,

My Spaniel can be grumpy in the mornings before its first ciggy and coffee...
 Bad judgment? - Runfer D'Hills
Surprised about the tetanus jab. I was told by my doctor that once one reaches "a certain age", it is no longer required as the immunity has already reached full strength. He/she must have mistaken you for a younger person. Have you had some piercings or a tattoo or something? Or were you wearing ball clanger jeans, two day's growth, a snood and an unfeasably floppy woolly hat?

:-)
Last edited by: Humph D'Bout on Tue 19 Apr 11 at 21:08
 Bad judgment? - R.P.
I was wearing my Next commando soled nubeck boots...(now resting for their next outing in a couple of days time !) - I last had a tetanus in 98 - another dog bite (long story) and they reckoned a booster was required. I don't own a "snood" :-)
 Bad judgment? - Runfer D'Hills
I'm afraid I do, but in mitigation it's plain black...
 Bad judgment? - R.P.
Humph,

I own a couple of motorcycling buffs but no snood...
 Bad judgment? - swiss tony
>> I got bitten on my Census round the other day...more injury to pride than finger.
>> The accursed thing didn't bark when i knocked so my guard was down when i
>> pushed the reminder card through the letter box.

When I was a postie, I was told NEVER put your fingers through a letter box.
1/ It hurts when a dog is the other side,
2/ It is a basic form of trespass - the other side of the door is private property.
 Bad judgment? - corax
>> 2/ It is a basic form of trespass - the other side of the door
>> is private property.

I think that is taking it to the extreme. If anyone claimed on that, they should go and collect their letters from the post office themselves.
 Bad judgment? - R.P.
I applied that theory, trouble with this one it was rather a stiff flap on the inside which required an extra push. No worries about it, no real harm done really, it was quite funny really.
 Bad judgment? - Kevin
>I got bitten on my Census round the other day...The accursed thing didn't bark when
>i knocked so my guard was down..

Special Forces dog.

>when i pushed the reminder card through the letter box.

How many reminders do we get? I've got two so far.

>My Spaniel can be grumpy in the mornings before its first ciggy and coffee...

A Springer? Male?
 Bad judgment? - R.P.
Phase 1 and Phase 2 reminders - we're on Phase 2 round here. Currently doing second round visits - my workload is large as I'm full time and covers a large geographical area so It's difficult to do the three visits they wanted before phase 2. It's rewarding to see the results coming in though - checked off a good twenty tonight.

Cocker Male. Grumpy little git.
 Bad judgment? - Zero
I hope you are done by end of June PU, you are buying me a beer when I get up there remember?

I will tell you the tale of a young me, a paper round, a dog, and revenge.
 Bad judgment? - R.P.
I should be around - there was a discussion about holidays today and SF beckons but not until September...
 Bad judgment? - Manatee
>>I got bitten on my Census round the other day

The first time I read that I wondered what "Census round" could be a euphemism for.

I'm relieved you were only putting your fingers through the letter box. So are you I should think.
Last edited by: Manatee on Tue 19 Apr 11 at 22:09
 Bad judgment? - Ted

I last had a tetanus in about '68 I think. I was also bitten on the hand...quite painful !
I remember a pretty nurse telling me to drop my 'purty pink panties ' and administering a, huge, in my eyes , needle. It throbbed for hours.

The only upside was that the bloke who bit me got 6 months at the Crown Court.
I would have bitten him back.....but H & S being what it was......

Ted
 Bad judgment? - Kevin
>I remember a pretty nurse telling me to drop my 'purty pink panties ' and
>administering a, huge, in my eyes , needle. It throbbed for hours.

Ted, that wasn't a nurse. He was a janitor.
 Bad judgment? - Ted

Ah, so it wasn't a needle either ?

Ted
Latest Forum Posts