Non-motoring > What's it called, and where can I get it? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Dave Replies: 2

What's it called, and where can I get it? - Dave
It's a sandwich sheet, with thin fibreglass as the outer skins, and a core of fairly dense foam. It's used for making truck bodies, and the thicker stuff for insulated bodies, large fridges/freezers. I think it's available in 10, 25, 50, 75mm thicknesses.

To go with it is a range of aluminium profiles to slot it all together, make corners etc. There are also extrusions for corners where tops and sides meet, for door aperatures that usually have a slot to insert a rubber seal, and profiles to make flush doors etc. The edges of the sheets are inserted into the profiles and pop rivetted in place.

Follow along behind almost any rigid truck and you'll see what I mean - angle profile for corners, U section for the doors, h section for door frames to provide a slam etc. But I can't find what it's called. I've searched for tons of variations of sandwich/panel/GRP etc, but they only seem to throw up commercial building type products.

Can anyone help?
 What's it called, and where can I get it? - ToMoCo
What are you trying to make? sound like the kit used to build exhibition stands.

Google: - Modul, Octanorm, Foga and you will find the aluminium extrusions.

A plastics supplier for the panels - possibly Robert Horne Group. They certainly sell Foam PVC boards, not sure about the fiberglass coating though.
 What's it called, and where can I get it? - Pat
www.normanton.co.uk/cvproducts/cvproducts.htm

Is this any good?

Pat
Latest Forum Posts