Non-motoring > Virgin Tivo ordering now live Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Crankcase Replies: 15

Virgin Tivo ordering now live - Crankcase
I know there a few Virgin TV customers here, so this one is for you.

Ok, the ordering is open as of this morning for the Tivo. At £149, with no install fee if you're quick (before end of April), and then £3.00 a month on top of an XL package. Are you going for it?

I think for me it's in the "shiny thing make it better" category and will pass on it, but I suppose I could be convinced. Borderline usefulness for someone who doesn't watch much TV.

I see they've already said the smaller one will be out on 16th May, at less money.
 Virgin Tivo ordering now live - Pezzer
I've just got the V+ hd box and I'm very chuffed with that - the ability to record and then ff through the adverts is fantastic along with pausing etc. I think I'd take some persuading to shell out for something else but then I'm not exactly an early adopter !
 Virgin Tivo ordering now live - smokie
Had the Virgin TiVo since mid Feb :-)

Nice bit of kit but there are still some teething problems. Far outstrips V+ or Sky equivalents, although a bit pricey.

As a series 1 TiVo owner it was a "must have".
 Virgin Tivo ordering now live - bhoywonder
Ordered mine last night. Ordered the 500GB at £49.95 and getting free installation and my original box moved to the bedroom.

There's some considerable chatter on the forums that the "free installation" isn't true - the cost is just not mentioned unless you ask, and even if you do they sometimes tell you the wrong thing and then you get stung for another £50 anyway.

Could you report back what the final bill actually is next month?
Last edited by: Crankcase on Wed 25 May 11 at 09:47
When I spoke to virginmeida I said I was interested in the box but not the £40 installation charge and after some banter he agreed to waive the cost of installation.

Will let you know what the final bill is next month.
Update.

Have received my bill and I can confirm that the only additional charge to my account was the one off cost for the Tivo box (£49.95)(No installation charge) and an extra £3 a month for the Tivo fee. Also had my old box moved with no additional charge for multi-room.
Last edited by: bhoywonder on Tue 28 Jun 11 at 11:27
Well done. Be interested to hear about your experience with it, as it seems a bit of a Marmite product you love or hate.

I'm not going for it at this point, as the bits it does do aren't exciting enough for me to outweigh the bits (well, one bit really) it doesn't.
 Virgin Tivo ordering now live - Stuartli
>>with no install fee if you're quick (before end of April)>>

Eh?
What's the eh for?
>>What's the eh for?>>

It's already near the end of May.......:-)
:)

Might be now, Sherlock...tweren't when thread were a-started of.
>>Might be now, Sherlock...tweren't when thread were a-started of. >>

Oops..:-)
It's not just you. Last week I wrote a cheque and confidently filled in the year as 1973. Goodness knows what that was all about.

Virgin Tivo ordering now live - Zero

It's very important that people with dementia are treated with respect. It is important to remember that a person with dementia is still a unique and valuable human being, despite their illness.
When a person with dementia finds that their mental abilities are declining, they often feel vulnerable and in need of reassurance and support. The people closest to them - including their carers, health and social care professionals, friends and family - need to do everything they can to help the person to retain their sense of identity and feelings of self-worth.

We still love you CC.
Must be my endearing sense of self-deprecation.

Unfortunately I'm not very good at it.
Latest Forum Posts