Non-motoring > Freeview TV's Car Deals
Thread Author: .... Replies: 12

Freeview TV's - ....
I'd like your views/opinions regarding TV's with built in Freeview boxes.

My old Mum she cannot get the hang of her TV with attached digibox which I setup for her. Menus and 10x for channels are too much for her.

Do the inbuilt systems allow old fashioned 1 for BBC 1, 3 for ITV etc... ?

She doesn't do technology so as simple as possible is what is required but with digital capability.
 Freeview TV's - Zero
Mostly, yes. You can assign what ever tv channel to whatever tv button,

Freeview TV's - ....
OK, thanks. Not being in the UK I am not sure what has and has not been implemented.
 Freeview TV's - Robin O'Reliant
I'm praying for the day that London and the south east lose their analogue signal. We might then get something done about a signal that breaks up when the wind gets above a frightening 5 mph.
 Freeview TV's - henry k
I do not know if the following might be worth considering?
The very first TVs with built in High Definition Freeview capability came on the market just a few days ago. Sony brand so not cheap but the HD might be appreciated.
There are lots of sets, with basic |Freeview built in, on sale everywhere.

Freeview TV's - Stuu
My nan is a technophobe regardling her Sky, so I simply stuck all her favorite channels on her favorites list, save her trying to recall what menu they are on.
 Freeview TV's - Focusless
On our 19" Sharp kitchen TV with built-in freeview (our other TVs have boxes), you set it to digital (ie. freeview) or analogue mode. Whichever mode you are in, channel 1 is BBC1, channel 2 is BBC2 etc.
 Freeview TV's - ....
Thank you all for your replies.

I must admit I had not thought of the favourites route.
I'll give that a go before forking out on a new TV.
 Freeview TV's - Focusless
>> I must admit I had not thought of the favourites route.

We just delete the channels we don't want from the channel list; you can always get them back with a re-tune. Never used the favourites.
 Freeview TV's - Kevin
Had the same problem with my MiL and multiple controls for TV/Video etc. We bought her a programmable remote that controlled multiple pieces of kit.

One button press would send the sequence of signals to turn on the TV and switch it to channel 1. Another button would send the correct sequence to turn on the TV and VCR etc.

I think it was made by Logitech.

Kevin...
 Freeview TV's - henry k
Do they make a version that you shout at to change functions?
 Freeview TV's - Bellboy
no thats what you have sprogs for
 Freeview TV's - Zero
yes its called the "wife Mk1"

I think I am due for the Wife Mk 2 tho if i abuse it too much
Latest Forum Posts