Non-motoring > Karcher Pressure washer Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Falkirk Bairn Replies: 8

Karcher Pressure washer - Falkirk Bairn
3 years and it leaks - water eerywhere. Thought it was prrished rubber - replaced the rubber "O" ring but water just floods out.

It was about £100 - a 3.xx model - is there a repair possible or is it junk one buy another time?
 Karcher Pressure washer - Skip
Is it possible that it has suffered from frost damage over the winter ?

Andy
 Karcher Pressure washer - Falkirk Bairn
worked over the last 2/3 weeks - it survived the Dec-Jan freeze - at least it did but that is a possible root cause.
 Karcher Pressure washer - Kevin
>is there a repair possible or is it junk one buy another time?

Karcher are well known for developing leaks just after the warranty has run out. At 3 years you've done well. Mine started P'ing water around the power switch after 18 months and repairs were deemed "un-economical" by their "authorised agent".

If you're looking for something in the £100-£200 range, for occasional patio cleaning etc. Bosch have a unit rated at ~130Bar, 400lpm for around £150, guaranteed for two years and an adapter to attach your existing Karcher tools is available for about £5.

I won't touch another Karcher product.

Kevin...
 Karcher Pressure washer - nyx2k
ive bought many bosch ones for the valeting vans my firm runs.
the good ones have stainless steel pumps and very rarely go wrong
 Karcher Pressure washer - Bigtee
Even the diesel powered Karcher is a Lemon there forever breaking down got one at work it's allowed to cool down with cold water as it should and it still packs in.

The one before was a better machine which ended up going to another depot a proper heavy monster with no real trouble.

Karcher Pressure washer - Stuu
I treat them as consumables and generally get a year to 18 months out of one, although current one is nearly 2 years old. After a year they tend to start leaking what i assume is oil, which usually means a few months left. Not bad really given the hammering they get.

I just buy the cheap ones although ive seen these air cooled ones advertised somewhere, barely £££ more than the usual ones, no idea the difference but ad said they were new.
 Karcher Pressure washer - Bellboy
hu flung
karcher
 Karcher Pressure washer - DP
My 5 yr old Karcher has a tiny drip from the inlet hose connector, but otherwise is OK. The detergent dispenser has never worked properly though.
Latest Forum Posts