Non-motoring > What's happened to...? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Iffy Replies: 40

What's happened to...? - Iffy
No, not the prolific keyboard warrior from the Surrey commuter belt - he'll be back.

I refer to hawkeye, one of our gentleman members from Yorkshire.

Not been seen since December 20, when he posted about helping a neighbour to move house.

No sign of any arguments or unpleasantness with anyone on here.

Wonder why he has not even visited for nearly two months?

Last edited by: Iffy on Mon 7 Feb 11 at 16:10
 What's happened to...? - Clk Sec
He may have joined another tribe.
 What's happened to...? - Crankcase
>> No, not the prolific keyboard warrior from the Surrey commuter belt - he'll be back.

Not so sure about that. I don't know anything, just vibes.

What's happened to...? - Old Navy
>> >> No, not the prolific keyboard warrior from the Surrey commuter belt - he'll be
>> back.

Commuter or stockbroker belt?
 What's happened to...? - AnotherJohnH
>> - he'll be back.

I wouldn't bet on it.
 What's happened to...? - ....
I think there are a few people who are spending less and less time in here.

My own observations, this place was like a breath of fresh air when it opened up, free of the shackles of the other place but still a respect amongst the posters.
Lately, I get the impression it has linked up with another, more down market journal judging by the number of links posted to it.
Not a good thing in my opinion but if that is the way the site wants to go, who knows? You lose a few but possibly gain a few more. That's life...
 What's happened to...? - Pat
That must be the Daily Mail then, but surely it's like Top Gear, air con and winter tyres on this forum.

If they didn't exist no-one would have anything to talk about.

It could just be that the more prolific posters run out of things to say quicker than the less prolific ones.

Pat
...You lose a few but possibly gain a few more...

I find it hard to believe anyone would be so small-minded as to stop visiting the site because of links to the Daily Mail.

Links to news stories have provided some of our livelier and more interesting threads.

I tend to use the Mail because it provides the fullest and most comprehensive free version of the story, and I reckon the site is safe in that it's not going to give any member's computer a virus.

Sometimes I use the BBC, but their written reports can lack detail.

Back on topic, anyone seen hawkeye?

What's happened to...? - MD
I think (stand to be corrected) that there has been less 'traffic' this last week or so. Anyone?
 What's happened to...? - R.P.
Seems a little quieter than in the last week in January but on a par with previous weeks. Just checked our stats which we have access to.
...that there has been less 'traffic' this last week or so. Anyone?...

You-know-who was a prolific poster, and his posts brought forward replies, so his absence is bound to have an impact.

I've seen one or two less familiar/new names in the last week or two which is encouraging.
 What's happened to...? - ....
>> I find it hard to believe anyone would be so small-minded as to stop visiting
>> the site because of links to the Daily Mail.
>>
>> Links to news stories have provided some of our livelier and more interesting threads.
>>

I don't believe anyone is small-minded enough to stop visiting for that singular reason but some of the exchanges of late have been less than civil and it has not just been one way traffic.
I don't visit every thread and read every entry. What I have read had left a bad taste in some cases which is why I included the initial sentence about respect between posters.
I may possibly be proven to be wide of the mark. I have no axe to grind but thought it time to raise my concerns as I do not want to see this site decline as I do actually enjoy some of the banter on here.
Maybe all posters including tinyurl's in their posts could include in brackets after the link where it is heading.
 What's happened to...? - BobbyG
Not looking in as much as previous due to work commitments - are you hinting that Zero has left? Have I missed a fall out somewhere along the line?
 What's happened to...? - Stuu
Just realised id not posted for nearly a week. Im almost a lurker. Yes I fancied a name change :-)
 What's happened to...? - rtj70
Stu you do know the name on all your old posts change automatically.

In response to the original question I still look in and post. But can't be bothered reading a lot of threads. Maybe that's because I once read all of them on the HJ site as a mod?? But I think it's also because the threads are becoming less interesting. Don't bother with technical at all.

If I were representative.... we need new members/posters.
Indeed :-)

Its nice to watch from the sidelines, theres some new names cropping up, its all good :)
 What's happened to...? - rtj70
How's the new car Stu?
I dare not talk about my cars anymore, exit stage left :-)
 What's happened to...? - Dave_
He's broken the new one...
He has not. Boringly reliable. Happy camper tho.
Glad to hear it! Will you still take a pony for the other one? :)
Best you ask the new owner...
Bah, I'd already worked out what I was going to spend the profit on.
 What's happened to...? - Hard Cheese
>> are you hinting that Zero has left? >>

Doubt it, he has been away two days only ...
 What's happened to...? - VxFan
>> are you hinting that Zero has left?

He posted something on Sunday.
>> are you hinting that Zero has left?

He's taking a well earned break; no more, no less.

What's happened to...? - Bromptonaut
He's back. Been posting in variuos threads today.
He can't keep away.
 What's happened to...? - Crankcase
Huh. So much for Voodoo.

:)

>>Huh. So much for Voodoo.

You've been using the wrong pins.
:-)
 What's happened to...? - hawkeye
'Evening all.

How nice to be referred to as a gentleman.

Came down with a nasty dose of man 'flu before Christmas. Sweating, delirium, raging temperature and no food intake. Came to one day and heard a snippet from No 2 daughter who came to visit over Christmas, "Shouldn't he be in hospital?". And Mrs H's (she's in the medical trade) reply, "No way. If he got MRSA with this fever he wouldn't last ..." Logged out again at this point.

It's taken a while to get going and some catching up to do.

Have dim memories of finding sis-in-law turning up on Christmas day with uninvited boyfriend. They both have alcohol issues and I felt I wasn't fit enough to deal with them and the accompanying disturbance after they'd had a skinful so I told s-i-l she was uninvited and to spend the day somewhere else. The reverberations were stupendous but I was past caring.

I've had a FAP problem to deal with on the C8; fell out terminally with the local Citroen dealer after I heard something at their end I shouldn't have, and had it fixed by a Peugeot dealer.

Mrs H's cute and trusty 90K miler C3 has a new owner and a second generation petrol C3 is in the family now.

Son's Ford Fiesta is sleeping in a nearby barn and he is running his Grandad's C3 Sensodrive.

I'll fill in the gaps with a ramble or two later.

What's happened to...? - Perky Penguin
Did you partake of the flu jab Hawkeye? I can recommend it, assuming you are entitled. I managed to blag one off my GP every year until I was!
 What's happened to...? - Old Navy
I have not had more than the odd sniffle since having the flu jab, just had the travel booster too, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Polio, all in one jab.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Sat 12 Feb 11 at 21:55
 What's happened to...? - Ted

Well, I had the jab around the end of October and spent the obligatory 3 weeks in misery after Christmas....it mustn't suit all of us !

Must be ok now, just managed a large Chow Mein, a pint of ale and several glasses of wed rine !! Collecting the car tomorow !

Ted
 What's happened to...? - Bellboy
dont like jabs
prefer to hit the germs straight on in the gob
half a spoon of garden detrious before me toast and a glass of toilet water for elevenses
 What's happened to...? - Ted

Hope the seat didn't fall on your head, BB.

Ted
 What's happened to...? - Bellboy
>>
>> Hope the seat didn't fall on your head, BB.
>>
>> Ted
>>
> no worries its a plastic one ;-)
 What's happened to...? - Fenlander
>>>Sweating, delirium, raging temperature and no food intake.

You faked all that to avoid the christmas sing song then H? Like the swift and decisive move with s-i-l... I've been known to do similar in our family... they either get over it or don't come round much in the future so it's win-win.

Is that a current shape C3 Mrs H has now.... petrol eh? Getting on OK with it?
 What's happened to...? - -
Ah welcome back to the land of the bewildered H, good to see the possibility of if not the actual arrival of some common sense back in the forum.

Looking forward to hearing how you dealt with the finest customer services possible at your friendly local Citroen dealer, and yet still ended up buying another C3.
 What's happened to...? - hawkeye
>> still ended up buying another C3.

Didn't buy it from the Citroen dealer; bought it from an independent. Known him for years; when he worked at the Cit dealers, I bought the C8 from him and my f-i-l bought the C3 sensodrive that my son has taken over.

>> You faked all that ...

Harsh, MM, harsh. I didn't even have a hot cuppa to dip the thermometer into.

>> Did you partake of the flu jab Hawkeye?

No PP, probably should have.
 What's happened to...? - Perky Penguin
Hawkeye - I live by myself and having the flu would be rather incovenient! I have had the jab for the last 12 years and haven't had the flu in that time. Naturally, I can't prove any connection, it might be a coincidence! One hour of a stiff arm, no unpleasant side effects, free and thus probably worth a try.
Latest Forum Posts