Non-motoring > Man made false racism claim against traffic warden Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Iffy Replies: 23

Man made false racism claim against traffic warden - Iffy
A false allegation of racism is a nightmare for any employee.

This man played the race card twice, once against a doctor and once against a traffic warden (civil enforcement officer).

I'm not the biggest fan of wardens, or doctors for that matter, but deliberately sabotaging someone's livelihood for your own ends deserves severe punishment.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1353679/Sales-rep-jailed-falsely-claiming-racially-abused-traffic-warden.html
 Man made false racism claim against traffic warden - MD
More £££ to keep him.
 Man made false racism claim against traffic warden - Armel Coussine
>> More £££ to keep him.

Inside where he deserves to be. Don't think of him as a foreigner though MD. He's been here for 25 years according to the clipping.

He has discovered that it isn't quite as easy to get away with being a screaming turd as he imagined. Good.
An allegation of racism is one of the hardest to defend.

You: "I'm not racist, some of my best friends are black."

Accuser: "So you put people in compartments because of their colour?"

Everything you say in your defence can be twisted.

You: "I've nothing against them."

Accuser: "So it's us and 'them' is it?"

And so on, ad nauseam.

Man made false racism claim against traffic warden - MD
>> Accuser: "So you put people in compartments because of their colour?"
>>
There are several people that I would like to put in compartments.
 Man made false racism claim against traffic warden - Ted

Nice result. Hope he gets banged up with Big Ron.

Ted
>> banged up with Big Ron.

You have mentioned this gentleman before Ted. Could he be a friend of yours?
 Man made false racism claim against traffic warden - Ted

Well, AC. He was until the unfortuate incident with the butternut squash.

Ted
 Man made false racism claim against traffic warden - Manatee
TBH I am more disgusted with the actions of the police in each case than the false accuser. Why such a presumption of guilt in both cases? Granted in one case there appears to have been a supporting statement from the accuser's ex wife but that clearly didn't stand scrutiny. Why are innocent (or even guilty) people punished so much before any proper facts are established?

I am of course assuming there's a grain of truth in the Mail report, which might be a fundamental error.
 Man made false racism claim against traffic warden - FocalPoint
I share your misgivings and I'm guessing that the police would probably say they are constrained by guidelines into taking a heavy-handed approach where there is suspected racism.

A similar approach towards pupils' complaints against teachers has ruined many of the latter's careers.
 Man made false racism claim against traffic warden - L'escargot
Slightly off topic, but I don't understand how anyone can be so sensitive as to be upset about racial abuse. You could call me a white honky to my face an time you liked. I would just laugh and revel in the attention I was getting.
 Man made false racism claim against traffic warden - -
Trouble being Le's, there's a whole industry revolving round this and other PC stuff now, juicy careers and big money to be made and ladders to be climbed.

We of a certain age or maybe with a certain outlook are able to accept and laugh at our own faults and foibles, safe in the knowledge that we are far from perfect, and never wanted to be perfect anyway.
Therefore we don't take things said too seriously, accepting that others might be as imperfect as we are, or indeed have a different outlook on life than we do.

I daresay the vast majority of those from different cultures have a similar outlook, certainly many i know do...i treat those of different cultures or races i meet with normal respect and in the huge majority of cases find that mutual respect returned many fold, i regularly go to certain parts of the big city in my job where i'm shown courtesy nay positively welcomed, simple courtesies long forgotten by many of our own more established natives.

Now if we could educate some of our own apparently native white British to have some courtesy, manners, mutual respect, work ethic, etc we'd be a damn sight better off.
 Man made false racism claim against traffic warden - Bromptonaut
L'es,

If you have any black colleagues try asking them. They can tell you what it's like.

I was once abused in honky terms by a clearly slightly deranged black woman who travelled regularly between Watford & Euston. I laughed it off and my fellow customers, mostly white anglos like me, laughed too.

Now imagine she'd been innocent but was abused over, lets say, who got a seat first. Only that sort of thing's thrown at her regularly whenever anything goes wrong. This time the anglos bury their heads in their papers and ignore the thug who's mouthing off.

Sorry, but I've also had to mop up when asian or west indian stuff born & raised in London have had racial abuse either at a public counter on the phone. Mostly they can shrug it off but when it's persistent, frequent or happens when people are already under other pressures it tips them over.

Its bullying of the worst type and fully deserves the attention it gets.
 Man made false racism claim against traffic warden - John H
>> Slightly off topic, but I don't understand how anyone can be so sensitive as to
>> be upset about racial abuse.
>>

I just don't understand how anyone can be so INsensitive as NOT to be upset about racial abuse. Especially someone like L'escargot. One or two others on this forum, yes, we know their views on race quite clearly - but not you, of all people, L'es.
Last edited by: John H on Sat 5 Feb 11 at 12:29
 Man made false racism claim against traffic warden - Tooslow
I wonder how they defended themselves? I have found myself in situations where I deliberately made sure a colleague was acting as witness because I knew the person I was dealing with had a reputation for flinging accusations about. It went through my mind once ot twice that a "lifecam" (my word, I'm sure you know what I mean) would be invaluable. Looks like they exist now!

John
I have a little knowledge in this area having been honoured over the years with the friendship of many individuals from the Caribbean, Africa and the Middle East. I have even been able on occasion to push my luck and be a bit cheeky. But one always needs to be vigilant and quick on one's feet. You can't take people's tolerance for granted.

Gordonbennet is right to emphasise the importance of good manners and proper respect. It isn't a matter of this or that word being permissible or offensive. It's much more a matter of the apparent attitude or intention of the person using the word. Some people, including well-known comedians, use bluff no-nonsense robust blokishness to mask quite unpleasant racist bullying and insulting behaviour, always responding to objectors with an air of injured innocence: 'What, me? Just a bit of fun mate.'

People of colour are unsurprisingly quite sensitive to that sort of thing. And when someone thinks you have gone too far, the only thing to do is say sorry and explain that you were being clumsy. To dismiss people's objections to what you thought was 'just a bit of fun' as oversensitive and silly is to invite retaliation along the lines of the subject of this thread. Horrible though his behaviour is, one can't help wondering what carp he's had to swallow over his 25 years living in Britain. That stuff wears people down.
 Man made false racism claim against traffic warden - Ian (Cape Town)
>> >> People of colour are unsurprisingly quite sensitive to that sort of thing. And when someone
>> thinks you have gone too far, the only thing to do is say sorry and
>> explain that you were being clumsy. To dismiss people's objections to what you thought was
>> 'just a bit of fun' as oversensitive and silly is to invite retaliation along the
>> lines of the subject of this thread.

Damn right... next thing the Mexicans will be up in arms about some laddish motoring show...
>> Damn right... next thing the Mexicans will be up in arms about some laddish motoring show...

Harrumph. Er...

'We are all guilty'.
A further thought on this multicultural stuff: if your ego won't allow you to be put very firmly in your place it's unwise to frequent third-world circles where push can sometimes come to shove.

Being the only honky for god knows how many miles in every direction certainly concentrates your mind and puts you on your best behaviour unless you are a total jerk.

By the same token though it is usually a very reassuring experience.

Man made false racism claim against traffic warden - Ian (Cape Town)
>> Being the only honky for god knows how many miles in every direction certainly concentrates
>> your mind and puts you on your best behaviour unless you are a total jerk.

Enyimba Stadium, Aba. 50 000 fans. One white face.
Was on the touchline watching the game and directing my photographer for pics I wanted, when two large gentlemen arrived, toting Uzis. "The governor wants to see you".
"I'm busy, I'll see him later."
"No. the governor wants to see you NOW."
So Off I went.
Red carpet, into the VIP box, etc etc etc.
The governor (orji-Kalu) was a pleasant chap, and asked who I was, and what was I doing in his state?
Explained I was doing a story on great Nigerian football sides, etc etc etc...

Enyimba went on to win two African Champions' League titles.

Bizarrely, that night at the hotel we were staying at, there was ANOTHER honky - some multi-gold-necklaced, freemason Rangers-supporting type.

Man made false racism claim against traffic warden - Bromptonaut
Rather than start another thread I thought I'd add another question.

Who thinks the phrase 'Jungle Drums' (used to describe gossip/rumours0 is racist?

Because, at least according the the Daily Wail somebody does!!!

tinyurl.com/6aba9h9 (link is to Daily Mail website)

Will be interesting to see if the other side of the story emerges via perhaps the BBC or the Grauniad.
 Man made false racism claim against traffic warden - Tooslow
Sigh :-( We'll just have to use "smoke signals" instead :-)

John
 Man made false racism claim against traffic warden - Old Navy
These PC extremists must cost us millions, pity we haven't got any politicians or judges with the backbone to expose them for con artists they are.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Mon 7 Feb 11 at 14:07
I cannot see how the phrase 'jungle drums' could be considered racist.

It's the woman who complained who needs to be educated.

No wonder the country's short of money when we are funding pointless bodies such as the Wiltshire Racial Equality Council.

It could be shut with no detriment to anybody.

I'm sure the thousands of people who are being racially abused daily in Wiltshire could find someone else to complain to.

Latest Forum Posts