Non-motoring > Win some lose some - AA premium Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Crankcase Replies: 5

Win some lose some - AA premium - Crankcase
The other day I posted a whinge about a service bill being higher than I expected.

Today I had my AA renewal in the post - a whopping £210. I rang to cancel as that seemed completely mad, and in less than five minutes they said "you've been a member for 25 years, we'll do it for £82", which I accepted.

I could probably have bettered even that, but time is money, as they say, so that seems like a good deal for this year at least as it's every service they offer in that.

Next year they'll no doubt go back to a high price, but I can do the ring round then I guess.

Didn't ask whether that included VAT though.

Win some lose some - AA premium - Zero
I would have thrown them out on their ear for trying to rip me off.

I did that to Direct line. They have lost a £1000 of my revenue.
Last edited by: Zero on Fri 21 Jan 11 at 11:00
 Win some lose some - AA premium - Manatee
I will never darken their door again. They reduced the price for me one year, but wouldn't do it the next so offski.

I always feel ripped off by organisations that do better deals for new customers than those who are loyal, and tend to avoid them or just exploit them by taking the reduced price then nt renewing. Sadly this now includes the supposedly regulated utilities, and pretty well all broadband providers, as well as almost all car insurers as Z has noted. The only way to beat them is with some fancy footwork.

The RAC also does discounts for new members, but at least gives a similar 'no callout' discount on renewal.
Last edited by: Manatee on Fri 21 Jan 11 at 11:20
 Win some lose some - AA premium - Clk Sec
>>They have lost a £1000 of my revenue.

I mentioned on another thread recently that my insurer had, for no apparent reason, increased my excess by a whopping 150%. I could so easily have missed this, as it appeared on the rear of one of the many pages of their renewal document.

Needless to say my car is now insured elsewhere, but as this was not the only product of theirs that I have, they too will lose a £1000 of my revenue.
 Win some lose some - AA premium - Clk Sec
>>Didn't ask whether that included VAT though.

Bet you did...
 Win some lose some - AA premium - Robin O'Reliant
>> I will never darken their door again. They reduced the price for me one year,
>> but wouldn't do it the next so offski.
>>
I got mine reduced to £85 for the second year running on Wednesday (from a quoted £151). You need to make sure they pass you through to disconnections (retentions in reality). They have the authority to go much lower than whoever takes the initial call where the guy who first answered me wouldn't go below £121.
Latest Forum Posts