Non-motoring > Having trouble posting to the technical section Miscellaneous
Thread Author: SteelSpark Replies: 8

Having trouble posting to the technical section - SteelSpark
When I try to post a message it tells me that I haven't filled in the "Year of Manufacture" and the "Engine Size" fields, although I can't see these fields on the form (I have selected "Ford" and "Mondeo" from the available lists).

Other people seem to be able to post, so what am I doing wrong?

EDIT - Also, I couldn't post this without picking a Make/Model, I wonder if some tweaking is going on behind the scenes
Last edited by: VxFan on Thu 18 Mar 10 at 01:27
 Having trouble posting to the technical section - car4play
The extra fields for year and engine size are added in the technical forum to improve the data added. They aren't dynamically added (yet). So if you go to a non-technical forum, then enter "new topic", then click on forum popup and change to technical forum, it will expct these extra fields but not have shown them because it hasn't drawn them. It should really add or remove them on changing the popup.
So for now go to the technical forum and select new topic from there.
Thanks, now where do I send the invoice for my unit testing services?
 Having trouble posting to the technical section - VxFan
>> EDIT - Also I couldn't post this without picking a Make/Model

The blurb next to the drop down menus (on the right) say "Enter a category or car make/model that best suits your post"

Providing you select a category, then you don't have to select make/model in any of the forums (other than Technical Matters which is compulsory, along with year and engine info).
Last edited by: VxFan on Thu 18 Mar 10 at 01:31
Ah yeah, you'd think I'd never posted before, must have been thrown by the other issue.

Still waiting for an address for the invoice...
 Having trouble posting to the technical section - car4play
It was a known bug and a mild one. It is a pity that you cannot embrace the tone of this place and be kind and courteous.

I personally find what you have done offensive. This forum software was in use on HJ site for long enough with this same issue but oddly enough you didn't mention the issue there.

You find a fault (fair play), we respond, you in the meanwhile post your question instead on the HJ site in their Technical area. That's ok, but then you come back here to give us a swipe.

If you find that you are unable to fit in with the culture we have here on Car4play then maybe this is not the right forum for you and you should stay with HJ.
>> I personally find what you have done offensive.

I think that you are perhaps being a little over sensitive in response to a joke.

>> If you find that you are unable to fit in with the culture we have
>> here on Car4play then maybe this is not the right forum for you and you
>> should stay with HJ.

Frankly, I don't like your tone here. I am regular contributor and I think a good one. Any forum is about the contributors, and I really don't appreciate being talked down to like this.
 Having trouble posting to the technical section - VxFan
>> I think that you are perhaps being a little over sensitive in response to a joke.

"Thanks, now where do I send the invoice for my unit testing services?"
"Still waiting for an address for the invoice... "

I think umbrage was taken because you made the same comment twice when once would have been sufficient. A smiley also helps to indicate that your comment was tongue in cheek.

Anyway, lets not dwell on this. You've both made your points, so can we call an end to it?

Vx.

>> I think umbrage was taken because you made the same comment twice when once would
>> have been sufficient. A smiley also helps to indicate that your comment was tongue in
>> cheek.

Well, I perhaps expected that suggesting I send you an invoice for unit testing, might perhaps be interpreted as a joke (or at least get the benefit of the doubt).

>> Anyway lets not dwell on this. You've both made your points so can we call
>> an end to it?

Sure.
Latest Forum Posts