Non-motoring > Keep off this booze & bubbly Miscellaneous
Thread Author: henry k Replies: 6

Keep off this booze & bubbly - henry k
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-12051029

Not just in Surrey but other southern counties.

Surrey County Council (SCC) said 26% of 347 shops tested in 19 local authority areas were selling fake goods or stock on which duty had not been paid.

...could cause ..... in extreme cases, blindness or even death.

Keep off this booze & bubbly - RattleandSmoke
This is a UK wide/Europe wide problem.

With spirits or any booze really I tend to get them from well known chains such as Tesco. I know it is still probably possible for Tesco to get conned and get fake goods into its supply chain but it would be very very difficult as they tend to deal with factories directly.

Keep off this booze & bubbly - MD
>>I know it is still probably possible for Tesco to get conned and get fake goods into its supply chain but it would be very very difficult as they tend to deal with factories directly.
>>
You know this to be a fact do you?

Many years ago I worked for a Jewish guy in London who had a huge business supplying Tesco with all manner off retail items. He wasn't a factory!
 Keep off this booze & bubbly - Clk Sec
I’d be very surprised if the buyers and quality managers in our major supermarkets didn’t have rock-solid procedures in place to avoid dodgy booze suppliers.
 Keep off this booze & bubbly - Telb
I still get all my supplies from la Belle France. They wouldn't dare flog dodgy stuff, and still cheap if you get away from the channel ports.
 Keep off this booze & bubbly - AnotherJohnH
>> I still get all my supplies from la Belle France. They wouldn't dare flog dodgy stuff, and..

tinyurl.com/yb9g9xn

Perhaps not.

I'm fairly sure there are also other instances I can't remember at the moment
 Keep off this booze & bubbly - Leif
Eeek. Incredible. And don't forget the scare many years ago when white wine was found to contain anti-freeze, I think as a cheap 'improver'. And given that the mafia is rife in parts of Italy, can we really be sure that all wine from the southern Italy and Sicily is kosher?
Latest Forum Posts